Author Topic: Previous. Name of this site  (Read 2121 times)

Offline ZiRT

Re: Previous. Name of this site
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2021, 03:53:41 PM »
Hard to believe I first got on a sled board 1996.......25 years ago!!  Sledding.com then TC, then here. Lots of guys have come and gone.

Offline Hal

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2021, 03:45:43 PM »
I still love to ride! I have better equipment than I have ever had and money to afford the sport, but too many bad winters are starting to wear me down. I’m getting tired of waiting for snow! Of course one good ride will make me forget all that......

Last winter started out as a real pain in the patukas.
Literately to much snow too early. It was difficult to freeze our swamps down but ended up with some really great trails.
We closed the second Tuesday of March. Well into Supplemental funding.
This year opening trails was way better, simpler with one exception. We did stick one groomer but it was right below a highway, pretty easy to unstuck all things considered.
And the Heavy duty tow truck owner was very kind to us.

This week has been a little busy. Monday a 50 mile ride, Tuesday 70 miles, Wednesday a working 40 mile ride checking some trails, Thursday 100 miles, took Friday off  ;), Saturday 125 miles with a scattered crew. One from Madisonish  Wi, another from Rice Lakeish area of Wis, and three from surrounding the Twin Cities.
Trails are getting thin and snirty but for the conditions yesterday it wasn't too bad all things considered. Even riding through the City of Superior.

And the next club to the south of us has snirt.  :(
I was hoping to sled with you up in the Duluth area, but I found out today that my sledding season is over this year. The hospital did an angiogram and found more blockage than can be fixed with stents. Going to have bypass surgery on February 5th. It is really unusual that I have low blood pressure and pulse, lost 50 pounds in the last year, shovel driveways, cross country ski and go on long walks. I was walking up to six miles a day with no pain doing any of these activities.
Got home today and now relaxing in my new electric lift and recliner chair. Would have been home yesterday, but had a case of a fib the night before. Nurse got it back under control right away but had to stay another day. I feel great and feel I could drive, but can't because of medications I am on. I don't need another DWI.
Hal

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2021, 02:33:07 PM »
Hope you are doing well and on the road to recovery Hal.  I'm out of the sled game, took a job in Tennessee.  Looking forward to some fishing pretty soon, water temps are coming up.  We did bring some of the weather with us, this year.

:mf_w00t2:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 02:38:09 PM by Kingpin »
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2021, 03:13:15 PM »
Hope you are doing well and on the road to recovery Hal.  I'm out of the sled game, took a job in Tennessee.  Looking forward to some fishing pretty soon, water temps are coming up.  We did bring some of the weather with us, this year.

How about your brother?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Hal

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2021, 07:47:40 PM »

Thanks. I am doing well. I was off the oxycodone in only a few days, only using Tylenol for other occasional pain not associated with the heart. Haven't had to use my pillow lately and have been driving for a couple of weeks. Today I can officially drive. Still in cardiac rehab and will be for a while. The doctors and nurses are amazed at my progress. Hopefully I will be able to golf as soon as the course opens. Their only concern is that I chunk the club in the ground and hurt my ribs.
Hal

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2021, 10:49:10 AM »

Thanks. I am doing well. I was off the oxycodone in only a few days, only using Tylenol for other occasional pain not associated with the heart. Haven't had to use my pillow lately and have been driving for a couple of weeks. Today I can officially drive. Still in cardiac rehab and will be for a while. The doctors and nurses are amazed at my progress. Hopefully I will be able to golf as soon as the course opens. Their only concern is that I chunk the club in the ground and hurt my ribs.

Sounds great Hal !
LLAP

Offline Hal

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2021, 01:39:25 PM »

Sounds great Hal !
This weather is strange. We had sub zero highs while I was in the hospital four weeks ago and the forecast high for today is 60. Our snow is almost all gone and the lakes will be opening up soon.
Hal

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2021, 08:27:18 PM »

He is working remote down in Alabama

How about your brother?
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline roady

• Donating Members
    • http://
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2021, 05:38:22 PM »
I’m a survivor of the good ole TC days lol

he struts up, grabs his cig’s, steps behind the groups table, puts cig to mouth, fires it up and takes a drag….he then pulls the cig from his mouth standing there and calmly and inquisitively asked, “What smells like BUTTSALSA?