Author Topic: roll call - how many on this site?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline snopork

Re: roll call - how many on this site?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 09:07:29 PM »
Still wander in here from time to time.
Still wander around NW Wis on a sled in the Winter
Still wander around the woods in a groomer with the wolves on Sunday evenings. Our club ordered a new 6130 John Deere for delivery later this summer.
Our trails were open 9 weeks this winter. Groomed all but one of those weeks.
Took a road trip to Brainerd MN on Sunday. Came home with an 18 - 900 ACE Renegade Enduro
The 2012 - 1200 GSX is going down the road. It's broke in at 10,200 or so.
Hey Dude,  Sorry to hear about the John Deere acquisition, Glad Mercer SnoGoers seem to be trying to get away from the tracked farm tractors - they cant do half the trails with them because they are so heavy, unless you like riding on roads.  They had a new tucker at the january club fest and the drivers were talking about how much better it is with half of the weight ,  Shoot I remember watching the groomer drive across Big Arbor Vitae lake a long time ago - all the lights rotating. as they got bigger and heavier via the tractor lobby they just became a safety hazard. be nice if the clubs could get back to grooming frozen soft areas

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 09:55:19 AM »
I remember those days too Andy. I also remember a few years ago when the Cruisers put a groomer through the ice on the west end entrance to Big Arb.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline snopork

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 01:29:41 PM »
snogoers put a couple thru the swamps - but they were all the tractor types.  they got an all-trac a few years ago for the trails around the flowage - need a couple more and ditch the tractors imho

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 09:20:55 PM »
Still wander in here from time to time.
Still wander around NW Wis on a sled in the Winter
Still wander around the woods in a groomer with the wolves on Sunday evenings. Our club ordered a new 6130 John Deere for delivery later this summer.
Our trails were open 9 weeks this winter. Groomed all but one of those weeks.
Took a road trip to Brainerd MN on Sunday. Came home with an 18 - 900 ACE Renegade Enduro
The 2012 - 1200 GSX is going down the road. It's broke in at 10,200 or so.
Hey Dude,  Sorry to hear about the John Deere acquisition, Glad Mercer SnoGoers seem to be trying to get away from the tracked farm tractors - they cant do half the trails with them because they are so heavy, unless you like riding on roads.  They had a new tucker at the january club fest and the drivers were talking about how much better it is with half of the weight ,  Shoot I remember watching the groomer drive across Big Arbor Vitae lake a long time ago - all the lights rotating. as they got bigger and heavier via the tractor lobby they just became a safety hazard. be nice if the clubs could get back to grooming frozen soft areas
We are 3 years into our first Soucy tracked tractor (4 quad track) and are happy with it. The reason for going into another.
We run one wheeled tractor on our 40+ miles of RR grades.
No rubber tracks don't climb icey hills like cleated tracks. But studs do wonders.
To us a Tucker is useless in the summer.  We mow about 130 miles of trails and grade over 40 miles. Something a Tucker can't do.
Down the road a bit maybe, we may get a used hydro-static twin tracker for our 4th short run unit. (Prinoth - Piston Bully -etc) We spend time packing with two club sleds and a roller to freeze things down. So far........... Nothing down.
We don't get the bigger heavier 175 hp version.  Ours are a little smaller, lighter.
This year with the lower snow levels White Thunder Riders did more grooming with their 4 WD tractors, something they normally can't do.

LLAP

Offline snopork

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2021, 07:17:56 AM »
hadn't given summer use for atv trails a thought

Offline wideopenthrottle

• Annual Subscribers
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2021, 11:51:22 AM »
First time back in a long time. Had to research my password!! Sold the NY property after the "Safe Act" was passed. I didn't want to become a felon to NY state. Still go up to visit friends once in a while. Sold the sleds after the NY property sold.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for
  anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one
  tumble down the stairs

I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with 'Guess' on it.
So I said 'Implants, She hit me!

Offline Koz

• http://www.snowgroominglinks.com
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 10:23:08 AM »
I still check in every now and then  :nana: