Author Topic: What kind of glue bonds to the throttle handle?  (Read 3248 times)

Offline claynine

What kind of glue bonds to the throttle handle?
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »
Sounds like a strange question but I have tried gluing other parts of this sled and so far nothing bonds.  Thanks in advance.

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
Re: What kind of glue bonds to the throttle handle?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
Sounds like a strange question but I have tried gluing other parts of this sled and so far nothing bonds.  Thanks in advance.

I don't have the answer but I'd like to know what to use to glue a fuel tank.
My 07 F5 developed a crack around the fuel pump/gauge port on top of the tank.
LLAP

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »

Cat had some sort of glue to adhere the sleeve they put in the firecat/sabercat filler necks on a recall. Not sure what it was. If your tank was cracked, they replaced it for free. If it wasn't, it got the reinforcement sleeve.

As far as the throttle part goes, I'm not sure. It's probably PP or PE  plastic and not much sticks to it and what does probably isn't for sale to consumers. Check 3M's website. They might have something, but it's going to be hard to determine what to use unless you know exactly what plastic it's made out of.
Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »

Cat had some sort of glue to adhere the sleeve they put in the firecat/sabercat filler necks on a recall. Not sure what it was. If your tank was cracked, they replaced it for free. If it wasn't, it got the reinforcement sleeve.

As far as the throttle part goes, I'm not sure. It's probably PP or PE  plastic and not much sticks to it and what does probably isn't for sale to consumers. Check 3M's website. They might have something, but it's going to be hard to determine what to use unless you know exactly what plastic it's made out of.

Mine is an 07 with the different chassis but I did look up the part # for the tank and it has an updated part #.

LLAP

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »

Mine is an 07 with the different chassis but I did look up the part # for the tank and it has an updated part #.

You might want to check with a Cat dealer to see if there is some sort of recall on them, but I can't recall anything specific for your sled.

The EPA evap laws started screwing with sled gas tank requirements about that time.  :c-n:
Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!

Offline claynine

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply SNO4ME.  I figured some of the guys reading this might have a few ideas.  I'll check out 3M.  PE or PP.  Thanks again.   Clay