Author Topic: Porker 2011  (Read 16819 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
Re: Porker 2011
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »
Going to make a decision today - FLI cabin or Beaver Lodge.

Waiting for the Beaver to get back  to me, to see what rooms are left. Turns out they have a large ice fishing derby on the same weekend. It should be fun to buzz the lake while they are all out there......  :mf_w00t2:

Watch out.....the WI DNR likes to hang around lakes where there's ice fishing derby's going on.  They check licenses, fish totals and sled registrations.  Derby's are money in the bank for them.   :no2:

And remember!
The speed limit is 10 mph when you are within 100 feet of a ice fishing shanty or someone not on a snowmobile (or any other pedestrian).    :fishing2:

10 what??? Seriously.....
Once again, if you have WI registration, do you need a WI trail sticker ?? No, right ??

BTW, I secured (2) rooms at the Beaver Lodge for

Greekboy
Johnnyvmaxdoo
Fireball Dave
Kingpin

6mile will be staying at the porkshack (sorry dude, keep one eye open - ALL THE TIME)  :eek:

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 12:09:48 PM »
yes the 10 mph applies to ice shanties and to anyone walking on the trails, I believe MI has the same/similiar. 

On the frozen surface of public waters within 100 feet of a person, including a skater, not in or upon a snowmobile or within 100 feet of a fishing shanty or shelter except at a speed required to maintain forward movement of the snowmobile or on an area which has been cleared for ice skating, unless the area is necessary for gaining access to the public water.

Within 100 feet of an occupied dwelling between 12 midnight and 6 a.m., at a speed greater than the minimum required to maintain forward movement of the snowmobile.

That could widely be interpreted...  :laugh:  Officer, my sled engages at 6000 rpm..
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »
Going to make a decision today - FLI cabin or Beaver Lodge.

Waiting for the Beaver to get back  to me, to see what rooms are left. Turns out they have a large ice fishing derby on the same weekend. It should be fun to buzz the lake while they are all out there......  :mf_w00t2:

Watch out.....the WI DNR likes to hang around lakes where there's ice fishing derby's going on.  They check licenses, fish totals and sled registrations.  Derby's are money in the bank for them.   :no2:

And remember!
The speed limit is 10 mph when you are within 100 feet of a ice fishing shanty or someone not on a snowmobile (or any other pedestrian).    :fishing2:

10 what??? Seriously.....
Once again, if you have WI registration, do you need a WI trail sticker ?? No, right ??

BTW, I secured (2) rooms at the Beaver Lodge for

Greekboy
Johnnyvmaxdoo
Fireball Dave
Kingpin

6mile will be staying at the porkshack (sorry dude, keep one eye open - ALL THE TIME)  :eek:

Serious - 10 MPH is the letter of the law but I've never heard of it being used unless you're driving like a donkey  ;)

As of now, this year, if you're registered in Wisconsin you're good to go here.
There is the possibility that next season we might have a one time registration with an annual trail pass in effect. 
We'll see how it goes.   :c-n:
LLAP

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
Less than a week to go now.  Should be fun and the temps are supposed to be a bit warmer than we have now.  :punk: :punk: :punk:
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »
Can't wait to get out of town  :punk:

Zero trash talking this year???? No KOL / radar talk. No nothing...... I guess we'll have to take bets on who pukes first  :stirthepot:

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 09:12:40 PM »
Can't wait to get out of town  :punk:

Zero trash talking this year???? No KOL / radar talk. No nothing...... I guess we'll have to take bets on who pukes first  :stirthepot:

Well I did wish Porker a good trip and don't talk to any John Laws unless you start the conversation............... ;)
LLAP

Offline SQUEAK

• http://
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
 :stirthepot:respect the KOL. and be safe.may the forcw be with you all. for me to poop on. :mf_Flush:

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »
:stirthepot: respect the KOL. and be safe.may the forcw be with you all. for me to poop on. :mf_Flush:

Don't you have a court date in Hurley this weekend??  ....and have to bring your sled??  ....and Pork is kind enough to provide lodging in the shack??

That's the excuse you need to use with your significant other. She'll give you a weekend pass.  :rolleyes:
Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!

Offline SQUEAK

• http://
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 05:04:29 PM »
just 750 miles or so . I just got the one ton over here in canada.when i go to the porker i will rent a sled up there. alot ezyer. i wish i was there man. you all stay far away from the clink,ok