Author Topic: Porker 2011  (Read 16818 times)

Offline snopork

Porker 2011
« on: October 30, 2010, 04:19:25 PM »
OK dudes,  and dudettes if any are brave enough,  seein as how there has been little in the way of suggestions, I had to make some vacation picks or lose the opportunity.   So,  I grabbed a week of vacation in the end of January for the Porker.

I'm gonna be off from January 22 until January 30th.   I'm figurin to be up at the shack no later than Wednesday, Jan. 26th and may just head on up Monday morning Jan. 24th for a little early week ridin and set up.  If there's people who want to ride earlier in the week - come on up.  Plannin on stayin thru Sunday the 30th.   any Newbers that want to meet some on the board swing on by. 
But as past porker participants will confirm - once we're outta the shack its phone tag all day until by chance we hit the same spot or get back to the shack or the FLI. 

Offline RSDR69

• http://
Re: Porker 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:50:37 PM »
Hey Pork plan on coming this year,hope to see OUTLOG,(reese) this year.
Did you get the E-mail I sent you?
                                                        :smoke: BURP.

Offline snopork

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »

I'll have to look - forget to go to this new addy I got cuzz verizon sold out.

Offline snopork

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 05:56:03 AM »

I'll have to look - forget to go to this new addy I got cuzz verizon sold out.
I sent you an Email - it was returned as undeliverable - try it again.  I'll PM you the offsite addy

OUTLOG is lookin for a new sled or at least a fairly recent used one this year also.    Nielsens in Lake Villa has some pretty decent prices on leftover on their website.  7200 for a 600 etec gade and 82something for an 800R gade.  8000 gws fer a RUSH 600 and a whole plethora of all the brands as leftovers.  didn't check their used stock.

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »
yeah, nielsens has some deals going for left overs right now, they must have picked up another dealers stock cuz they did not have them this spring.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »
yeah, nielsens has some deals going for left overs right now, they must have picked up another dealers stock cuz they did not have them this spring.

Maybe the repo man cometh....  :ninja:
I still hate dealing with Nielsens. I'd rather find a smaller dealer up north and work it out - with them....

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 01:22:43 PM »
Its a bad economy and price is king right now.  there are fewer and fewer dealers up north, might as well save some bucks while you can.  The OEM's have decided that larger multi-line dealers are where its at, so they are helping protect viable dealers and letting the others go by the wayside regardless of how good or nice they are.  Not saying I agree with it, but that's the way its going. 
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 06:35:18 AM »
when I was looking for the Doo1200 Nielsons price was the best there was. For many years they had a rep of poor to worse service. Has that changed?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »
when I was looking for the Doo1200 Nielsons price was the best there was. For many years they had a rep of poor to worse service. Has that changed?
'
I'm not sure, I've really never used them.  Service rates are scary expensive IMO.  That would be my primary excuse to get a 4 banger..If one of the new DI 2 stroker motors has problems, its gonna be very difficult to fix out in the garage.  Hopefully with all that technology, service and repairs are few and far between.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:21:03 PM by Kingpin »

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »
Need to work on shirt designs to make it official..... Howie are you still the man for the job??  :beer2:

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 05:21:48 PM »
The Goode Rental is available for that weekend.  Who is in

He has a a partner in the place and has created a website for the place.

http://www.northernwisconsingetaway.com/
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline jon4snow

• Donating Members
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 05:53:29 PM »
Andy & freinds, unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the Porker 2011 this coming January. I have signed up and been accepted to race in the 2011 ERZBERG Enduro in Austria this coming June. This race and the preparation for it will not only eat up alot of time but also eat up any liquid cash I may have. I wish you guys the best and I am bummed but this event is on my bucket list and at 52 I am pushing it, but it is something that I feel I have to do.

If you have a chance check out this link

www.erzbergrodeo.at

Rock On!!

Jon
Buy American
The job you save may be your own

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 09:27:20 AM »
Andy & freinds, unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the Porker 2011 this coming January. I have signed up and been accepted to race in the 2011 ERZBERG Enduro in Austria this coming June. This race and the preparation for it will not only eat up alot of time but also eat up any liquid cash I may have. I wish you guys the best and I am bummed but this event is on my bucket list and at 52 I am pushing it, but it is something that I feel I have to do.

If you have a chance check out this link

www.erzbergrodeo.at

You're missing out, this year Andy will be dressed as littlebowpeep while riding.  :blush:

Rock On!!

Jon

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
"Storm early next week expected to pass well south of Minnesota, probably storm-free through the end of next week."

Reported by:   Kat @ Dear Lodge
Date of Report:   January 6, 2011
Trail Conditions:   Poor
Snow Cover:   "less than there was" inches

Area Report:   9:30am Thursday- it's still trying but all we got was a dusting overnight

12:15 am Thursday- All total today we got about and inch and a half, maybe two.
I'll let you know more in the morning, if we get snow we'll be in good shape with the beautiful ice base we have.

11:00am Wednesday-
Get out and do the snow dance!!!
It's trying, there's a lake effect snow watch into Saturday.
We need all of you people down south to dance your hearts out and hope that we get it pulled just a mere 20 miles south so we see a large part of the over a foot Hurley is supposed to get!!!!
I'll write more late tonight and let you know what happened today.
I know a lot of you are hanging on the fence for coming up this weekend so I'll try to keep you updated tonight and tomorrow.
Andy Smith- keep your fingers crossed and dance hard!

For my live video webcam go to-
http://www.flambeaulodging.com/webcam.htm

THINK WHITE!!!
KAT
katdearlodge@hotmail.com 715-476-2549
Located on Trail 12B west of Mercer or by vehicle, it's County Hwy FF

News and Events:   Winter Blast Poker Run starts on Monday 1/10 and runs until Saturday 1/15
Sat. 1/15-Winter Blast at the Groomer Barn downtown Loontown 10:00am - midnight
Food, Soda, Beer, Raffles, Live Music

Sat. 1/22 Cookout at Dear Lodge
Burgers, Brats and all the fixin's, Raffles, Bonfire

Condition sound a bit challanging. Maybe some snow will arrive in the next week. Best chance seems to be tomorrow.

Lake races and time trials from the pork shack to the FLI? Trail truck to Hurley? Change to an ATV event? :P

Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 11:52:47 PM »
"Storm early next week expected to pass well south of Minnesota, probably storm-free through the end of next week."

Reported by:   Kat @ Dear Lodge
Date of Report:   January 6, 2011
Trail Conditions:   Poor
Snow Cover:   "less than there was" inches

Area Report:   9:30am Thursday- it's still trying but all we got was a dusting overnight

12:15 am Thursday- All total today we got about and inch and a half, maybe two.
I'll let you know more in the morning, if we get snow we'll be in good shape with the beautiful ice base we have.

11:00am Wednesday-
Get out and do the snow dance!!!
It's trying, there's a lake effect snow watch into Saturday.
We need all of you people down south to dance your hearts out and hope that we get it pulled just a mere 20 miles south so we see a large part of the over a foot Hurley is supposed to get!!!!
I'll write more late tonight and let you know what happened today.
I know a lot of you are hanging on the fence for coming up this weekend so I'll try to keep you updated tonight and tomorrow.
Andy Smith- keep your fingers crossed and dance hard!

For my live video webcam go to-
http://www.flambeaulodging.com/webcam.htm

THINK WHITE!!!
KAT
katdearlodge@hotmail.com 715-476-2549
Located on Trail 12B west of Mercer or by vehicle, it's County Hwy FF

News and Events:   Winter Blast Poker Run starts on Monday 1/10 and runs until Saturday 1/15
Sat. 1/15-Winter Blast at the Groomer Barn downtown Loontown 10:00am - midnight
Food, Soda, Beer, Raffles, Live Music

Sat. 1/22 Cookout at Dear Lodge
Burgers, Brats and all the fixin's, Raffles, Bonfire

Condition sound a bit challanging. Maybe some snow will arrive in the next week. Best chance seems to be tomorrow.

Lake races and time trials from the pork shack to the FLI? Trail truck to Hurley? Change to an ATV event? :P

Maybe they should move the Porker to Brule. We don't need a snow dance.  Although a little fresh snow is always nice.
I was a little shocked when I started reading through SnowTracks trail conditions last night.  :unsure:
I was out grooming today. (again) I'm looking around at all our snow wondering what the hell is going on after reading all those trail conditions with "Fair, Poor, and Closed "  :unsure:
It's looking like we have the best conditions in the state.   :specool:
LLAP