Author Topic: 2000 Formula Z 700 Headlight/Taillight inoperative  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Beezerracing

2000 Formula Z 700 Headlight/Taillight inoperative
« on: January 09, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
Started my sled for the first  time this year last night and noticed the headlight and taillight were not working. I switched to the high beam setting and the headlight came on, but as you revved the motor the dash lights would become very bright. The headlight then stopped working all together. I did a quick wire check and didn't see anything obvious. Not sure where to begin to investigate. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
Re: 2000 Formula Z 700 Headlight/Taillight inoperative
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
Started my sled for the first  time this year last night and noticed the headlight and taillight were not working. I switched to the high beam setting and the headlight came on, but as you revved the motor the dash lights would become very bright. The headlight then stopped working all together. I did a quick wire check and didn't see anything obvious. Not sure where to begin to investigate. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

There are people on here that know more about electrical than me but it sounds like your voltage regulator puked and has now burned out your lights. 
That's not as common these days as it was years ago.
LLAP