Author Topic: adding power to '03 f-7 actic cat with 153 track  (Read 3250 times)

Offline rtkart

adding power to '03 f-7 actic cat with 153 track
« on: February 24, 2009, 09:59:40 PM »
 :banghead:

hi I'm looking to add power when I'm out west in yellowstone. I do very little riding while at home in MN. I seem to run out of power and speed during long climbs. I'm reving to a max of 7500rpm with 62 weigths and stock spring, along with recommended gear changes. I nervous about adding NOS but not adverse to it if safe. I have added a d/d pipe and can. but am a little disapointed I am unable to get over certain obsticles. I don't want to go out and buy a newer bigger sled. just add a couple surprises for one of my friends... :devilsmiley:

does anyone have some good information for me for a safe boost of power.

thanks, roy

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
Re: adding power to '03 f-7 actic cat with 153 track
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:58:08 AM »
I'd ask the question on Arctic Chat or HCS...or call Speedwerx or the aftermarket shops directly. There's a lot you can do to that motor if you want.
Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!

Offline cpc

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »
The power is there assuming there's nothing wrong with the sled.  Just find the right guy to twist the wrench.  This is my motto

Offline cpc

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 09:54:56 PM »
I'd be looking at under hood temperature's and I would also check to see if your clutches are getting hot.  Don't use your tongue :biggrin: Touch the clutch surfaces very fast to see how hot they are and inspect for belt material left on the clutches.  Check your shift-out too.

Also tach's are wrong more than right in my experience.  Does it sound like 7500?  Tough question to answer sometimes.  7500 is going to sound VERY doggy.