Author Topic: Products me likes....  (Read 59330 times)

Offline Paul_Aris

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gobigparts.com/
Products me likes....
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2005, 06:53:52 AM »
Not a fan of the powder pro's for trail riding, mine are sitting on the garage wall. For hardpack the precisions are excellent and I don't know why anyone would want more steering presure for no other apparent gain. Perhaps I'm just week armed Sunday driver tourer. :)

I bought them because I was un-happy with the precisions in powder and they are way superior in this regard. If the proportion of riding I did was more offtrail I'd leave them on, but 95% of my mileage is aggresive trail riding which the precisions work better than any ski I've ever tried.

I'm keeping them for my future renegade/switchback purchase to see if they balance better.

don
[snapback]53690[/snapback]

Actually I was a little worried selling these to rev riders after hearing your and Robs comments about the powder pros on the REV. Since then I have probably sold 30+ pair to rev riders. I have not had anyone say they didn't like them other than Doofighter.  I think that studs might be important if your going to a keel style ski on a rev, but not sure. Everyone I rode had studs and proper ski alignment. I rode a 121 with powder pros last weekend and thought it was awesome. It had a 1.25" track and 144 studs. Really didn't feel much different than my sled in the front end. I have flex ski with 8" carbides 1.625" with 96 studs. I was expecting harder steering but steering effort was not any different than mine. Mine might be a little harder than what the precisions offer though. I don't know but when you racing your buddy's through the woods you better be able to turn and not push in the corners and the powder pros do great at turning. I didn't feel any inconfidence or squirlyness that some have spoke about that make the sled hard to ride.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 06:55:34 AM by Paul_Aris »

Offline Rotax_kid

• View Profile
    • http://
Products me likes....
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2005, 07:29:39 AM »
Not a fan of the powder pro's for trail riding, mine are sitting on the garage wall. For hardpack the precisions are excellent and I don't know why anyone would want more steering presure for no other apparent gain. Perhaps I'm just week armed Sunday driver tourer. :)

I bought them because I was un-happy with the precisions in powder and they are way superior in this regard. If the proportion of riding I did was more offtrail I'd leave them on, but 95% of my mileage is aggresive trail riding which the precisions work better than any ski I've ever tried.

I'm keeping them for my future renegade/switchback purchase to see if they balance better.

don
[snapback]53690[/snapback]

Actually I was a little worried selling these to rev riders after hearing your and Robs comments about the powder pros on the REV. Since then I have probably sold 30+ pair to rev riders. I have not had anyone say they didn't like them other than Doofighter.  I think that studs might be important if your going to a keel style ski on a rev, but not sure. Everyone I rode had studs and proper ski alignment. I rode a 121 with powder pros last weekend and thought it was awesome. It had a 1.25" track and 144 studs. Really didn't feel much different than my sled in the front end. I have flex ski with 8" carbides 1.625" with 96 studs. I was expecting harder steering but steering effort was not any different than mine. Mine might be a little harder than what the precisions offer though. I don't know but when you racing your buddy's through the woods you better be able to turn and not push in the corners and the powder pros do great at turning. I didn't feel any inconfidence or squirlyness that some have spoke about that make the sled hard to ride.
[snapback]53895[/snapback]

PA,
FYI, No studs here on either machine.  
Signed,
Studless in Saskatchewan
Wannabe Enjineer
-----------------------
Porkeese Stewdunt inn Trainnin
-----------------------
If a Load pipe is Load in the forrest and no one hears it..is it still Load?

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2005, 05:14:42 PM »
Katahdin Gauntlets

Got 'em from GoBigParts.com (local sponsor) for a mere 24.95 plus shipping.  Very nicely built and a completely brain dead install.  extra warmth when the hand guards just won't cut it.

Price:  10/10 - there is no price on warmth, whatever it takes.

Install:  10/10 - the easiest install ever

Performance:  ?/10 - still need a test ride with them in sub-zero weather

Look:  2/10 - they scream "PU$$Y!!!!" on your posed out sled...
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Rotax_kid

• View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2005, 06:02:19 PM »
Item #6 Berstrom Runners..this is starting to feel like an auction :)
  Their slogan lives up to it - their good n' ugly.  Truer words couldn't be spoken, these things looks garage built.  However, they hold up like no runner I've used before.  6200 miles on them (from me) 5000 from the guy we sold them to, more than half of the carbide still there.  This is a template for durability, I've never seen a runner hold up better than these.  Mind you we don't run on the pavement all that muchm, but we still gotta cross every now and then.  Their also a heavy bar, mine was 5/8" host.
Performance - 10/10
Value - 10/10
Install - 8/10 (no one els eput them on for me)
style - 1/10
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 06:02:48 PM by Rotax_kid »
Wannabe Enjineer
-----------------------
-----------------------

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2005, 06:01:09 PM »
Bombardier balaclava
Been using this same 'clava since 1993.  It was modified slightly to accomodate my goggles when I switched to the MX helmet, but I still wear it regardless of what helmet I'm using.

Performance - 10/10  I suppose a balaclava made by Bombi would have to be warm since they don't believe in designing any wind protection into their sleds.

Value - 10/10  dad bought it for me when I was 14 at a now defunct Bombi dealer in Suring for like 15 bucks on a weekend when it was about -20 F.

Installation - 8/10  tends to mess up the coif a little bit.  Leaves me looking like a Frenchman with a circular facial scar.

Durability - 10/10  They should make their piston rings outta this stuff.  :floor:

Bet you guys can't believe I actually own a Bombi product.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline schoolmarm

• OBAMA is "The TRUTH" for SOCIO-POLITICAL RETARDS!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Obamasatraitor.gov
Products me likes....
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2005, 12:49:13 PM »
Bombardier balaclava
Been using this same 'clava since 1993.  It was modified slightly to accomodate my goggles when I switched to the MX helmet, but I still wear it regardless of what helmet I'm using.

Performance - 10/10  I suppose a balaclava made by Bombi would have to be warm since they don't believe in designing any wind protection into their sleds.

Value - 10/10  dad bought it for me when I was 14 at a now defunct Bombi dealer in Suring for like 15 bucks on a weekend when it was about -20 F.

Installation - 8/10  tends to mess up the coif a little bit.  Leaves me looking like a Frenchman with a circular facial scar.

Durability - 10/10  They should make their piston rings outta this stuff.  :floor:

[snapback]54450[/snapback]

14 years old...owns a Bombi Product
26 years old...Brand Blind BPP Disciple
Hmmmmmmm.......
A living example of:  The more education you get, the greater the understanding you know less....
:rolleyes:

Install: 9.5/10 Even Marm could do it. Install was very easy.

Sportech CHROME handguards???????  I REALLY don't think soo....NO he couldn't.... :laughbounce:   Wannabe gear.... :beer:
"The modern liberal mind, its distorted perceptions and its destructive agenda are the product of disturbed personalities."

Massive inflation looms over all of us, but Democrats just keep smiling and giving each other high-fives while Obama cranks out funny money like a counterfeiter on speed.

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2005, 01:40:08 PM »
Hey, quit aging me now.  I'm only 25 and I'm not counting anymore after this year.  :)
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline schoolmarm

• OBAMA is "The TRUTH" for SOCIO-POLITICAL RETARDS!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Obamasatraitor.gov
Products me likes....
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2005, 01:41:43 PM »
Hey, quit aging me now.  I'm only 25 and I'm not counting anymore after this year.  :)
[snapback]54691[/snapback]

Opps....sorry Dude :)
"The modern liberal mind, its distorted perceptions and its destructive agenda are the product of disturbed personalities."

Massive inflation looms over all of us, but Democrats just keep smiling and giving each other high-fives while Obama cranks out funny money like a counterfeiter on speed.

Offline actionfigurejoe

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2005, 01:55:36 PM »
Bombardier balaclava
Been using this same 'clava since 1993.  It was modified slightly to accomodate my goggles when I switched to the MX helmet, but I still wear it regardless of what helmet I'm using.

Performance - 10/10  I suppose a balaclava made by Bombi would have to be warm since they don't believe in designing any wind protection into their sleds.

Value - 10/10  dad bought it for me when I was 14 at a now defunct Bombi dealer in Suring for like 15 bucks on a weekend when it was about -20 F.

Installation - 8/10  tends to mess up the coif a little bit.  Leaves me looking like a Frenchman with a circular facial scar.

Durability - 10/10  They should make their piston rings outta this stuff.  :floor:

[snapback]54450[/snapback]

You're kidding!? Bombardier makes a durable product? Hmm, what was that old parable? Something about a bunch of monkeys, typewriters, and the works of Shakespeare. :floor:
One time I saw a filipino cab driver cut out a cancer with a rusty butter knife .

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
Products me likes....
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
NEW PRODUCT REPORT

(A little change of tempo)

Sled Solutions Registration Sticker Plates

Put as set of these on the Rage today. It's always a gamble putting your stickers on the belly pan / side panels and there was really no good spot on the hood.

Sled Solutions

I could have easily made a set of these myself but in the time it would have taken...  I have a lot better things to do.

Nice product, Nice "Mom and Pop" operation according to the website.

I like supporting the little guy.

Note how nice NYS DMV was in giving me numbers that incorporate the initals for "Genesis Extreme" in them.
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline sodbuster

• View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2005, 07:32:30 PM »
Katahdin Gauntlets

Got 'em from GoBigParts.com (local sponsor) for a mere 24.95 plus shipping.  Very nicely built and a completely brain dead install.  extra warmth when the hand guards just won't cut it.

Price:  10/10 - there is no price on warmth, whatever it takes.

Install:  10/10 - the easiest install ever

Performance:  ?/10 - still need a test ride with them in sub-zero weather

Look:  2/10 - they scream "PU$$Y!!!!" on your posed out sled...
[snapback]54143[/snapback]

I have a set of gauntlets, the only bummer was that I was worried about them walking off while I was inside at a trail stop, so I always took'em off & brought 'em inside, which was a PITA.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2005, 10:17:27 PM »
Powder Pros

The trails this weekend ranged from ultra loose to semi-hardpack, and these skis were phenomenal in all of them.  I couldn't believe how they tracked through really loose corners.  My SLTs would've pushed right through a lot of the turns I was railing with these skis.

Performance 9/10.  The only thing I like about the SLTs better is the rocker design on the outer edges.  The SLTs rip a better powder carve than the Powder Pros due to their natural desire to turn when put on edge.  The PowderPros are better in pretty much every other way.

Install 10/10.  This was super easy since I already had the SLTs.

Looks 7/1o.  Kindof big and geeky-looking, but form follows function.

Offline actionfigurejoe

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2005, 09:13:52 PM »
Setting the toe to 1/8"-3/16" helps decrease darting when using the PP skis.
One time I saw a filipino cab driver cut out a cancer with a rusty butter knife .

Offline Rotax_kid

• View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2005, 07:32:23 PM »
PP update -
 I was impressed with these skis on hardpack, however the conditions we now have, icy crust with no base, is making life quite difficult.  The skis still work well on my 136", but not so well on my 121", little too aggressive...as it stands, check the classifieds, their up for sale, Simmons are on the way...this skis thing is never ending..if you want to know the details about why I haven't been impressed, drop me an email and we'll talk
Wannabe Enjineer
-----------------------
-----------------------

Offline actionfigurejoe

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2005, 09:31:41 PM »
PP update -
 I was impressed with these skis on hardpack, however the conditions we now have, icy crust with no base, is making life quite difficult.  The skis still work well on my 136", but not so well on my 121", little too aggressive...as it stands, check the classifieds, their up for sale, Simmons are on the way...this skis thing is never ending..if you want to know the details about why I haven't been impressed, drop me an email and we'll talk
[snapback]56968[/snapback]

Told ya......... :rolleyes: