Products me likes....

Author Topic: Products me likes....  (Read 58396 times)

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 01:48:40 PM »
Matt,
Add ice chunks to the mix too.  Got my hand smacked by one after I put the 3" rise on and ordered them as soon as I got home.
[snapback]53729[/snapback]
Not a problem when you're always in front.  ;)

Actually, that's a good point.  I got smacked in the hand with an ice chunk last year once.  That didn't tickle.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 01:55:38 PM »
TempaFlow

What can I say that hasn't been said about this product already. It works great. My mileage is better than last year even with the longer track and the plugs are a perfect mocha color in all temps.

Performance: 9.5/10 If there was a way to keep the thing from leaning out when you stopped and it warmed up, it would get a 10. The added engine performance in warm temps is awesome.

Value: 9/10 I think I paid 120 or so for it. It should be about break even after 2 seasons of use due to the fuel economy savings.

Installation: 5/10 The directions that come with the unit are not as clear as they could be. The install itself is rather easy with Flatslides.
[snapback]53731[/snapback]

ATACC is only slightly harder to install, one extra piece and small hose...  can't give first hand on the atacc yet, missed my chance this weekend...  should have an answer in a week or two though....

UPDATE:

finally got to ride with the ATACC...  i jetted UP two sizes from last year (450 vs. 470) to cover my temp range, 450's were only good down to about -5 or -10 and i wanted a safety margain in there also...  though i'm confident i could run 460's, i'm not gonna risk it

at any rate, so far it has kept my fuel mileage close to what my bro's 600 does (on clean trail conditions he has seen 15mpg's)...  we saw approximately 11mpg busting thru thick snow all day on saturday...  i'm hoping that a general trail ride will show better results as running WFO in many areas only netted about 60mph, certainly not great for mpg's in those conditions...

no chance to check the alititude yet, don't expect i will til next season...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 12:51:19 PM by tony b »
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 01:56:20 PM »
Boss hi-rise flat-top seat
It's a really comfortable pad and it looks great on my sled.  It definitely puts me in a great position for transitioning from sitting to standing, and it works well with my oversized frame.  I finally feel like I have a sled made for tall people.  Only complaints are that they didn't install the LED strip perfectly level.  That looks kindof chinsy.  The LED is invisible behind my bumper from certain angles with the 136 kit.  That will be remedied.  I don't like how it installs.  Velcro?  Please.  How cheezy.  Finally, it needs a bun.  In bumpy trails, your bum slides back and you have to pull yourself forward.  I'd like a seat bun for those conditions.

Performance: 7/10  It's very comfortable, the foam is the perfect density, and it's got the perfect slickness factor.  I haven't had any monkey butt since going to this stool.

Value:  5/10  Randy did hook me up with a very nice price, but these things are still overpriced.  A chunk of foam and some vinyl and nylon shouldn't cost this much.

Installation:  5/10  Give me something to screw into like a normal seat has.  I don't care if it adds a half pound.  The collar that goes around the tank filler neck is dorky looking.

Looks:  9/10  It looks f'n sweet.  If my tunnel was clean, it would look even better.  It'd get a 10 if they would've put the LED strip on right.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 02:01:36 PM »
This is a good thread idea...  I think I'll partake.

Sportech chrome hand guards:

These work well for keeping the finger tips warm, but they create a bit of a vortex that blows cold air up your glove from the backside.  You have to make sure if you're wearing a glove with gauntlets instead of cuffs, that you have the strap cinched up nice and tight.  I can't count how many times they've blocked my hand from those little whip-like branches though.  Looks-wise, I kindof like 'em on my sled anyways.

Performance: 6/10.  Nothing takes the place of handlebar gauntlets when it's cold.

Looks:  7/10  The chrome isn't a perfect match and you kindof feel a bit like a poseur, but they work.

Value:  8/10  I got them at the MKE show for 35 bucks.

Install:  9.5/10  Even Marm could do it.  Install was very easy.
[snapback]53728[/snapback]

this is why i now have a set of gauntlets (thanks randy!!)

only thing i don't like is that once in a great while (has happened twice only) they will interfere when reaching for a fistful of brake in a panic...
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 02:05:58 PM »
Matt,
Add ice chunks to the mix too. Got my hand smacked by one after I put the 3" rise on and ordered them as soon as I got home.
[snapback]53729[/snapback]
Not a problem when you're always in front.  ;)

Actually, that's a good point.  I got smacked in the hand with an ice chunk last year once.  That didn't tickle.
[snapback]53732[/snapback]

you never got sprayed by somebody going the opposite direction on the grade @ about 75?
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2005, 02:06:48 PM »
Pro-Vue snap-lens goggle system

I really like this system, but it's really best if you're leading.  It's possible to get snow dust between the snap lens and the normal goggle lens if you're following in dusty conditions.  The Smith goggles required some scotch tape to close up the holes at the top and the two holes in the snaps.  Once they were sealed up, they were plenty warm.  They fit the helmet extremely well and work great with my custom balaclava (thanks mom).  Visibility is excellent, and I've never had one iota of fog with them.  The quick straps are the cat's pajamas.

Performance: 9/10  If there was a way to seal the snap lens to the goggle frame it would be 10/10.  Visibility is better than any full face I've ever tried.

Value:  10/10  It's like having 4 sets of goggles in 1.

Looks:  8/10  They're not the most hi-tech looking goggles, but they're available in several colors, and mine look really good with my helmet and sled.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 02:14:13 PM »
RK Tek Head

easily the single best Hp add-on i've made to date.  has made the sled much more snappy thru the revs and in terms of dollar per HP, it seems to have made more difference than anything else i've done...  then throw in the added bargain of a 2.5mpg increase and it is tough to beat...

Performance:  9/10 - nitrous may give ya more, but not with this stock like reliability.

Value:  10/10 - i've spent more for less more than once in my life, this thing delivers.

Looks:  9/10 or 2/10 - off the motor it is a beautiful piece of work, on the motor you can't even tell it is there...  take your pick.

Install:  5/10 - you need to be able to measure the deck height on the motor before you order, after that it is a cake walk.

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2005, 02:16:16 PM »
Wrist Mirror
Works great for seeing behind you without mounting ears on your sled.  I missed the mirrors when I went from my Edge to my ProX.  This eliminates that.  It's got an angle built into it too so you don't have to put your hand straight up to see behind you.  The only beef I have with it is that it's too convex.  It gives you a wide angle at the expense of image size.  I'd rather have a larger image.  It's kindof hard to count headlights in the thing.  That and they didn't make the elastic strap quite long enough for someone with hands as big as mine.  It works better if you just put it on your glove and leave it there.

Performance: 8/10  It's SO nice not having to turn your head around when you've got your neck all bundled up.

Value:  10/10  it was real cheap at the Milwaukee show.

Looks:  9/10  You can hardly tell it's there and it doesn't make your sled look geeky.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2005, 02:20:42 PM »
PEM HyperLight Clutch

What else can be said, those that have tried them know how good it is.  I thought a well dialed Team was about as good as it could get.  Then I had an opprtunity to try one for a net cost of about 75-80 bucks after I parted out my Team.

Performance:  9/10 - i've still got tuning work to do but even at its baseline setting it is far superior to any clutch i've ever used...  and WAY easy to tune as well...

Value:  10/10 for me, if I had to pay full retail without selling the Team off, more like about 7/10.

Looks:  11/10 - easily one of the trickest looking pieces I've ever owned, from either car, bike, or sled.

Install:  8/10 - very easy to install, a little more difficult to tune, but it requires NO special tools to do, everything can be done by hand with simple hand tools, not even a press is required.

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2005, 02:25:42 PM »
PEM Billet Wheels

Ya, they're expensive, but i had to replace almost every wheel on my skid anyway, so for an added cost of about 25-30 extra per wheel over the plastic stocks I figured what the hay!!!!

Performance:  3/10 - who knows if they gained much at all, at least they have a lifetime warranty!!!

Value:  5/10 - they are about 50-75% more expensive than the stock plastic wheels.

Looks:  9/10 - Sweet looking on the sled, really sets it off, forgive me for saying it, BLING!

Install:  7/10 - as easy as putting on stock wheels.

Offline actionfigurejoe

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Products me likes....
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2005, 02:36:56 PM »
Cool thread, RK.

Fast M10 suspension.

Negatives: out of the box calibration was terrible. Front shock blew after one weekend of use. Difficult to tune. Not for aggressive riding. 5 mph cut in top speed. Fair weight transfer with no compensation.

Positives: All but eliminates stutter bumps. Nothing better in the 45-55 mph range.

Hyperlite secondary.

Negatives: new learning curve on clutch operation. Time spent recalibrating. Too pretty. Belongs on a coffee table. Almost a sin to get it dirty. RER operation isn't as smooth as the Team.

Positives: backshift is scary good. Belt wear hasn't exceeded .003" in 1000 miles of use (yes, I have been measuring the belt). Maximum sheave temperature in extreme use hasn't exceeded 136 degrees. Easy to tune once you accept the use of lighter weights. Flexable and ease of tuning. The best aftermarket add on I've ever purchased.

Edge rear suspension

Negatives: low bling factor.

Positives: easy to tune. Inexpensive. Better top speed than either the ProX or M10. Rides well over a wide range of conditions. Excellent deep snow capabilities.

Boss seat.

Negatives: too high in the front. Makes it difficult to get low in the corners. Little too sticky. Needs armorall.

Positives: firm without being hard. Excellent bump absorbtion. Great storage with the shovel pack. Super lightweight.

Tekvest.

Negatives: hot and restrictive when riding off trail. Feels bulky. I hate it. I'm looking into to either Beeware or a motocross style vest.

Positives: protection.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 02:39:04 PM by actionfigurejoe »
One time I saw a filipino cab driver cut out a cancer with a rusty butter knife .

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2005, 03:18:07 PM »
HotSeat Performance Single Pipe

how can you complain about a nice Hp gain, a good drop in weight, and ceramic coating to keep rust away???  All while still going thru the stock silencer to keep db's down!!!!

Performance:  6/10 - a nice boost, but there are better bang for the buck mods around, though the 10lb weight loss is noticeable up front.

Value:  6/10 - depending on your sled, there are bigger Hp gains out there for less cash but every little bit helps.

Looks:  6/10 - ceramic holds up better than painted steel.

Install:  8/10 - doesn't get much easier than this.

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2005, 07:01:48 PM »
for someone with hands as big as mine. 
[snapback]53743[/snapback]

No wonder why the chicks dig ya! :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Offline SuperDave

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »
This thread should be pinned for a while.

Bergstrom Trail Grabbers

Likes: Inexpensive, better than stock traction.  They wear VERY well and are a breeze to install with a cordless drill.  They offer great traction without drilling holes like you do with studs.

Dislikes: Not for the aggressive rider.  I had 192 in my 121" track & found that I was losing them after a while due to the added stresses of aggressive riding.  I also found spots where the lug broke out where a screw had been.  The screws are strong, maybe the track was weak?

Price: 8/10 - Much cheaper than studs.

Install: 9/10 - Easiest traction product to install in a track.

Performance: 7/10 - You could feel the extra bite in acceleration & braking.

Bling Factor: 6/10 - They look kinda neat, but a fresh studded track looks way cockier.

Overal Rating: 7/10 - For those of you who just like to cruise, have two-ups, or sleds under 500 CC's you should look into this product.

I know that some people who have run them in conjuction with studs with very good results.  I would try them again but only in conjunction with studs.
Disclaimer:
The views and opinions expressed  in this post and its attachments are those exclusively of SuperDave and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Ultimatesnowmobiler.com or its subsidiaries or associates.  If you don't like reading what I wrote, go piss up a rope.

Offline klh600

• View Profile
Products me likes....
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2005, 07:28:45 PM »
Good thread,

POWDER PROS

I had a chance to but a solid 4 days on them, and they are awsome, turn great,float great, for me I did not notice any darting.

RIPSAW TRACK

Also had 4 days on it and it is great, the hook up is awsome, deep snow is great, even with a the 136" I did not notice any differnces in handling from a 121", and it rides smoother.