Author Topic: milwaukee show kind of a dud  (Read 249 times)

Offline snopork

milwaukee show kind of a dud
« on: October 17, 2021, 04:47:36 PM »
Probably less than half of the past booths filled.  Cat and yamaha did not have any sleds there and the Polaris set up looked like they threw it together with no displays.  only one place selling wearable parts and it was all aftermarket - no sliders at all.  Rob's Performance had 1/4 the floor space of the entire event and only Skidoo had a full setup and brought a couple of Lynx's and Can-Ams. There were bored beverage servers at every corner.  Andrew and I were out of there in less than an hour and 15 minutes - I did buy a new set of KLIM Klutch boots tho

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • IRIS Contracting
Re: milwaukee show kind of a dud
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 06:40:08 PM »
Probably less than half of the past booths filled.  Cat and yamaha did not have any sleds there and the Polaris set up looked like they threw it together with no displays.  only one place selling wearable parts and it was all aftermarket - no sliders at all.  Rob's Performance had 1/4 the floor space of the entire event and only Skidoo had a full setup and brought a couple of Lynx's and Can-Ams. There were bored beverage servers at every corner.  Andrew and I were out of there in less than an hour and 15 minutes - I did buy a new set of KLIM Klutch boots tho

Nothing new... The one in Syracuse, NY had been heading for the gutter for many years. The last one we went to was in 2005 when I bought my Yamaha and that one was not even worth going to.
Between fuel, parking, admission, dinner and beverages you spent more than you saved.
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 02:26:44 PM »
Only a matter of time with new sleds costing $15K and above for the sport to decline immensely. Most people are not going to spend that much for a sled and the old sleds are dying off. Should make the trails nice with fewer sleds on them. Won't do much for the dealers and others that rely on sledders spending money on the trails though.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline snopork

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 06:24:09 PM »
Only a matter of time with new sleds costing $15K and above for the sport to decline immensely. Most people are not going to spend that much for a sled and the old sleds are dying off. Should make the trails nice with fewer sleds on them. Won't do much for the dealers and others that rely on sledders spending money on the trails though.
Less sleds on the trail  :banana:- thats why I ditched studs and now my shallowest track is a 1.75 paddle on an 850 enduro - don't want to get stuck......

Offline snopork

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 06:25:57 PM »

Nothing new... The one in Syracuse, NY had been heading for the gutter for many years. The last one we went to was in 2005 when I bought my Yamaha and that one was not even worth going to.
Between fuel, parking, admission, dinner and beverages you spent more than you saved.
Hey Wayne you guys ought to come out - Tommie and I will put you up and on a couple of sleds.   Owe you one ya know

Offline Hal

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 07:09:07 PM »
Here in Minnesota you can't find anything to buy. Where were no boats or ATV's for sale. New or used. It is probably the same thing for sleds. My 2012 Yamaha is good enough for me. I just wished it was about 150 pounds lighter.
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 08:28:24 AM »
First time since the early 90's I didn't attend, except for covid cancell year.  Wife health issue kept me home. Sounds like I would have been very disappointed.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 07:13:54 PM »

Hey Wayne you guys ought to come out - Tommie and I will put you up and on a couple of sleds.   Owe you one ya know

Thanks Andy and appreciate it... perhaps we can get together in the future with all of the NY crew!

I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline snopork

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 09:26:47 PM »
bring em - we'll figure it out - would be fun and classic.  between Tommie and I there are probably 4 extra sleds.  he's got a couple few 600's I got nothing smaller than an 800- between us there's 3 850's
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 09:30:01 PM by snopork »