Author Topic: waiting for next season to start  (Read 714 times)

Offline snopork

waiting for next season to start
« on: March 15, 2021, 01:48:55 PM »
Yep,  Brother Tom and I ordered a brace of Backcountry X's w/2 inch paddle tracks - looking forward to next season.  Now all I gottta doo is figure what to do with the 2019 Enduro 850 (keep/sell) and doo a frame/maybe engine rebuild on the 2012 800 gade.  Little light on snow this year but got a couple trips to plan for next season.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
Re: waiting for next season to start
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 09:37:38 AM »
2 inch paddle! Ban you from trails!!!
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline T Hillrider

• Annual Subscribers
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 08:55:58 PM »
I'm snow checking a 136 xcr still need to figure out what
 track to get. I have a storm 129 track on my sled now and like it, but it's not offered in 136.
T Hillrider/Chris
Oneida Lake "Rat"  / Tug Hill Lover

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 09:17:17 AM »
 track to get. I have a storm 129 track on my sled now and like it, but it's not offered in 136.

I've been very happy with  the Cobra 1.352.  1-136, 2-137 and 2-129

I won't run a prestudded track, and want real studs. I don't want to run Super long studs, so the Cobra 1.352  is the best track for me.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 09:28:10 AM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline T Hillrider

• Annual Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 10:55:04 AM »

I won't run a prestudded track, and want real studs. I don't want to run Super long studs, so the Cobra 1.352  is the best track for me.
I'm not a fan of pre-studded tracks also RD. I think I'll just try the  1.352 cobra. Actually wish a regular Ripsaw was offered.  I play a lot on the lakes around here so real studs are a must ! 
T Hillrider/Chris

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 12:05:18 PM »

I'm not a fan of pre-studded tracks also RD. I think I'll just try the  1.352 cobra. Actually wish a regular Ripsaw was offered.  I play a lot on the lakes around here so real studs are a must ! 

I've run 1.575 Woodys Golddiggers in 4 of those Cobras, last year on the Matryx 650 Cobra I ran 1.50 FasTracs. All with correct tunnel protectors.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline snopork

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 06:26:35 PM »
we had a great time doing some off trail in the keewenaw this season.  Planning a trip out west with my latest fun group and we are looking to reduce the number of trail sleds to babysit.  Plus we enjoyed the closeness of the keewenaw so we'll probably doo that when we are not sweeping the corners in wisconsin so all the carbide tipped stud running ice mobilers can have a hard surface to grip

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 08:50:57 AM »
we had a great time doing some off trail in the keewenaw this season.  Planning a trip out west with my latest fun group and we are looking to reduce the number of trail sleds to babysit.  Plus we enjoyed the closeness of the keewenaw so we'll probably doo that when we are not sweeping the corners in wisconsin so all the Carbide Tipped Stud Running Ice Mobilers can have a hard surface to grip

Thanks, being a member of CTSRIM, I appreciate that :banana:
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline T Hillrider

• Annual Subscribers
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
In NY off trail riding has been a really big problem. A lot of guys are even purchasing full blown MTN sleds. All it's doing is getting trails closed. Until the state designates legal riding areas I'll stick to enjoying my coupled skid trail  sleds with a lot of studs and big carbides :thumbsupsmileyanim: My daughter just moved to Salt Lake City Utah I'm very sure I'll get my fill of off trail  MTN sleds out there on a rental. Ps. I snow checked my 22 XCR today.  :checkeredflag: Andy tell Tommy I said Hi.
T Hillrider/Chris

Offline snopork

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 08:11:55 PM »
we had a great time doing some off trail in the keewenaw this season.  Planning a trip out west with my latest fun group and we are looking to reduce the number of trail sleds to babysit.  Plus we enjoyed the closeness of the keewenaw so we'll probably doo that when we are not sweeping the corners in wisconsin so all the Carbide Tipped Stud Running Ice Mobilers can have a hard surface to grip

Thanks, being a member of CTSRIM, I appreciate that :banana:

your welcome sir

Offline snopork

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 08:17:59 PM »
In NY off trail riding has been a really big problem. A lot of guys are even purchasing full blown MTN sleds. All it's doing is getting trails closed. Until the state designates legal riding areas I'll stick to enjoying my coupled skid trail  sleds with a lot of studs and big carbides :thumbsupsmileyanim: My daughter just moved to Salt Lake City Utah I'm very sure I'll get my fill of off trail  MTN sleds out there on a rental. Ps. I snow checked my 22 XCR today.  :checkeredflag: Andy tell Tommy I said Hi.
I'll tell him.  The nice thing here is the county my place is in allows off trail on county land which which looks like about 60% of the county. In the UP its the same thing apparently cept their county land is a higher percentage - they post when your on private land. LOL

You know you guys have an open invite to come out and stay just let me know when and Tommy and I will be there.  Luv to take you around the area

oh yeah,  is Frank still around?

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 02:56:08 PM »
Getting ready yet Andy?
Summer SUCKS!!