Author Topic: Previous. Name of this site  (Read 2510 times)

Offline T Hillrider

• Annual Subscribers
Re: Previous. Name of this site
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 12:50:17 PM »
Hi all Wow I was cleaning out old book marks and clicked this one and to my surprise it's back.  :specool: But I only see a few have found it back on line ?  Perhaps an email to all previous users to inform people ? 
T Hillrider/Chris
Oneida Lake "Rat"  / Tug Hill Lover

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 11:37:37 AM »
I've sent out a few through the site. can't say though if the listed e mails are still good
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline snopork

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 07:10:37 PM »
Not that I recall. Most of us came here from a site owned by a Mikael Sterner. It imploded
That sight was fun.  I had AJ sparring with his buddy

Offline snopork

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 07:13:03 PM »
TrailConditions.Com

When it first started registration was not required so everyone had several "Handles" as well as personalities. I recall Moon Disc being a moderator there for a while.
I could argue with myself for a week using different handles...
50 argued with a lot of people - I'm sure he had multiple personalities.....cops on sleds

Offline snopork

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 07:14:28 PM »
Hi all Wow I was cleaning out old book marks and clicked this one and to my surprise it's back.  :specool: But I only see a few have found it back on line ?  Perhaps an email to all previous users to inform people ?
Hi Chris - when you making out to the northwoods of the midwest - I still got an owesy to you guys

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 02:51:05 PM »
sledding.com begot trailconditions.com begot this site and HCS and a few others.  There used to be Amsnow forums, and the snowest forums for the powder dorks.  Crazy I've been on the sledding innerwebs more than half my life.  Started back in 1994 when i was 15 years old on the Amsnow forums and really got into sledding.com.  I was one of the suckers who paid for the hat...
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Hal

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 04:33:11 PM »
I still love to ride! I have better equipment than I have ever had and money to afford the sport, but too many bad winters are starting to wear me down. I知 getting tired of waiting for snow! Of course one good ride will make me forget all that......

Last winter started out as a real pain in the patukas.
Literately to much snow too early. It was difficult to freeze our swamps down but ended up with some really great trails.
We closed the second Tuesday of March. Well into Supplemental funding.
This year opening trails was way better, simpler with one exception. We did stick one groomer but it was right below a highway, pretty easy to unstuck all things considered.
And the Heavy duty tow truck owner was very kind to us.

This week has been a little busy. Monday a 50 mile ride, Tuesday 70 miles, Wednesday a working 40 mile ride checking some trails, Thursday 100 miles, took Friday off  ;), Saturday 125 miles with a scattered crew. One from Madisonish  Wi, another from Rice Lakeish area of Wis, and three from surrounding the Twin Cities.
Trails are getting thin and snirty but for the conditions yesterday it wasn't too bad all things considered. Even riding through the City of Superior.

And the next club to the south of us has snirt.  :(
I was hoping to sled with you up in the Duluth area, but I found out today that my sledding season is over this year. The hospital did an angiogram and found more blockage than can be fixed with stents. Going to have bypass surgery on February 5th. It is really unusual that I have low blood pressure and pulse, lost 50 pounds in the last year, shovel driveways, cross country ski and go on long walks. I was walking up to six miles a day with no pain doing any of these activities.
Hal

Offline xcrtom

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 08:34:41 PM »
sledding.com begot trailconditions.com begot this site and HCS and a few others.  There used to be Amsnow forums, and the snowest forums for the powder dorks.  Crazy I've been on the sledding innerwebs more than half my life.  Started back in 1994 when i was 15 years old on the Amsnow forums and really got into sledding.com.  I was one of the suckers who paid for the hat...
It was Rob that started HCS correct? Which of those sites did he leave to start HCS? I remember a number of guys taking a picture of their speedometer at 100 mph. It痴 all a long time ago.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2021, 07:18:41 PM »
It was Rob that started HCS correct? Which of those sites did he leave to start HCS? I remember a number of guys taking a picture of their speedometer at 100 mph. It痴 all a long time ago.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020802234228/http://www.robertlyonsphotography.com:80/snowmobiling/
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »
I still love to ride! I have better equipment than I have ever had and money to afford the sport, but too many bad winters are starting to wear me down. I知 getting tired of waiting for snow! Of course one good ride will make me forget all that......

Literately to much snow too early. It was difficult to freeze our swamps down but ended up with some really great trails.
This year opening trails was way better, simpler with one exception. We did stick one groomer but it was right below a highway, pretty easy to unstuck all things considered.

This week has been a little busy. Monday a 50 mile ride, Tuesday 70 miles, Wednesday a working 40 mile ride checking some trails, Thursday 100 miles, took Friday off  ;), Saturday 125 miles with a scattered crew. One from Madisonish  Wi, another from Rice Lakeish area of Wis, and three from surrounding the Twin Cities.
Trails are getting thin and snirty but for the conditions yesterday it wasn't too bad all things considered. Even riding through the City of Superior.

I was hoping to sled with you up in the Duluth area, but I found out today that my sledding season is over this year. The hospital did an angiogram and found more blockage than can be fixed with stents. Going to have bypass surgery on February 5th. It is really unusual that I have low blood pressure and pulse, lost 50 pounds in the last year, shovel driveways, cross country ski and go on long walks. I was walking up to six miles a day with no pain doing any of these activities.
That sucks Hal. Hoping for the best for you. RD
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Hal

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2021, 09:01:54 AM »

They tell me I will be like new after I recover. You could say I am going through an overhaul. The doctor is giving me at least a 99% chance of success. I shoveled the sidewalk and blew out a couple driveways yesterday. Have continued on my long walks, but I even listened more to what my body is telling me. I may go out and do some sledding before the surgery, but I won't be doing any ditch banging or flying over driveways.
Hal

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2021, 01:27:31 PM »

Well. next year then.  :sledder:
Keep up the hard work and good luck.   
LLAP

Offline Hal

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2021, 02:17:00 PM »

Well. next year then.  :sledder:
Keep up the hard work and good luck.   
The surgeon will be only bypassing 2 of the 4 arteries and they are on the left side. I walked six miles today and felt ease because I had a supply of nitroglycerin pills with me. I hope to get at least one more ride on my sled before next Friday. Our local trails are worn down to dirt now.
Hal

Offline T Hillrider

• Annual Subscribers
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2021, 09:43:34 AM »
Good wishes Hal, i'm sure it's very unnerving but  I'm sure you will be fine !                                                       
T Hillrider/Chris

Offline T Hillrider

• Annual Subscribers
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2021, 09:57:37 AM »
Hi Chris - when you making out to the northwoods of the midwest - I still got an owesy to you guys
Hi Andy hope all is well with you. I'm retired now and living the dream except this dang Covid messing everything up. Still riding Polaris, was going to Snow Check a Matrix but all the dealers around me during Snow Check were closed because of the pandemic so i'm still riding my 19. and still loving it.
T Hillrider/Chris