Author Topic: Any chance this site will take off again?  (Read 768 times)

Offline xcrtom

Any chance this site will take off again?
« on: December 11, 2020, 10:53:09 PM »
With HCR seeming to implode i wonder what it would take to get some traffic back here? It would be nice to have a site that talked sleds without all the drama. Tom

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
Re: Any chance this site will take off again?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 11:53:35 AM »
With HCR seeming to implode i wonder what it would take to get some traffic back here? It would be nice to have a site that talked sleds without all the drama. Tom

I'd guess you mean HCS? Very few of those guys were here. The ones that were don't post or even sled any longer.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Hal

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 11:32:49 AM »
I believe we are all suffering from COVID fatigue. It is tough to get excited when we can't even stop someplace for a pizza or burger on a ride whenever we do get snow.
Hal

Offline xcrtom

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 02:05:54 PM »
Summer wasn’t to bad, golf, pool, yard and home projects kept me busy. We would get take out and sit by the river and eat. Last night we got take out, sat by the river in the dark, just not the same.lol

Offline Hal

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »
I kept busy golfing and walking myself this summer. Now that golfing season is over, I have been walking on the cross country ski trail that goes through the golf course. I seen kids out on the local lake with their ice skates. It shouldn't be too much longer before we have enough ice to support a snowmobile. The snow can wait until the lakes and swamps are safe as far as I am concerned.
Hal

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 12:14:31 AM »
I believe we are all suffering from COVID fatigue. It is tough to get excited when we can't even stop someplace for a pizza or burger on a ride whenever we do get snow.

Ya gotta move out of that commie state Hal.
I was out for breakfasts this morn.    ;)
LLAP

Offline Hal

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 01:09:37 PM »

The problem I believe is that our governor feels he has to do something to show that he is trying to stop the virus. However, he probably knows that he really isn't doing anything positive to accomplish that. Restaurants and bars have very little clout, but big box stores do. Everyone knows that the larger stores spread the virus more than restaurants.
Hal

Offline xcrtom

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 08:24:20 PM »
I have a nephew in Tennessee, the governor there has left it to businesses to decide their own restrictions so everything is open. It will be interesting to see on the backside of this whole thing how their numbers compare to the tied up tight state Michigan or NY or what ever left leaning state.

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 10:11:45 PM »

The problem I believe is that our governor feels he has to do something to show that he is trying to stop the virus. However, he probably knows that he really isn't doing anything positive to accomplish that. Restaurants and bars have very little clout, but big box stores do. Everyone knows that the larger stores spread the virus more than restaurants.

Governors don't care. They still get paid.   :mad:
LLAP

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 12:14:03 PM »
It will be interesting to see what the first "100 Days" are like. I bet there will be more widespread shut downs of indoor dining in most states. I hate to see this happening to all the small places. I really don't see how they can include restaurants and bars in the same group here in FIB land or anywhere really. The restaurants mostly setup the dining rooms very well distanced and required masks when not at your tables. I saw the same thing in NE Wis. I think the restaurants were pretty safe for the most part. Now bars that's another story. Most practiced no distancing or wore no masks. I know of a few people that think they caught the virus from the bars they were in.
I don't have any problem with a mask. I don't get what the big deal is. It is common sense that any type mask would help better than none. What gets me is these people that say I can't wear a mask for medical reasons. BS! The only medical reason is for those that are intellectually disabled. If anyone else says it they are using the wrong kind of mask.
I don't think things will be back closer to normal until about this time next year. It could have been done in a month if people would have just used their heads and not their egos. It amazes me how many geniuses there are in this country. They all must be smarter than all the doctors, scientists and experts making the recommendations. Some of the countries that did enforce their recommendations are much closer to normal now than we are.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
 :popcorn:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!