Author Topic: I Modernized & This Winter Will Suck As A Result!  (Read 320 times)

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
I Modernized & This Winter Will Suck As A Result!
« on: October 25, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »
Can't remember the last time I posted, I think it was after running a rental up North, almost 2 years ago. Anyway, there's been a lot of changes since, like being down a kid (college). We also moved from the cesspool of neighbors, distracted driving and section 8 housing. A couple months ago my weed whip took a dive. Normally I'd mess with it until I burned a hole in the piston then buy a new one. However, now that we've stretched out a bit, I quit the homo-wner line of equipment.

So, I was snooping around the equipment dealer a month or two ago and found a holdover 2018 Indy 600. No SP. For cheap!

A consequence of my impulse purchase (aside from the FS131r) will be that there will be little to no snow this winter. For you, me, or anyone! I might as well drain it and start replacing bearings on the Cyclone.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: I Modernized & This Winter Will Suck As A Result!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 07:49:05 AM »
I feel like I'm getting catfished here. Although the extreme negativity seems very familiar ......

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »
Can't remember the last time I posted, I think it was after running a rental up North, almost 2 years ago. Anyway, there's been a lot of changes since, like being down a kid (college). We also moved from the cesspool of neighbors, distracted driving and section 8 housing. A couple months ago my weed whip took a dive. Normally I'd mess with it until I burned a hole in the piston then buy a new one. However, now that we've stretched out a bit, I quit the homo-wner line of equipment.

So, I was snooping around the equipment dealer a month or two ago and found a holdover 2018 Indy 600. No SP. For cheap!

A consequence of my impulse purchase (aside from the FS131r) will be that there will be little to no snow this winter. For you, me, or anyone! I might as well drain it and start replacing bearings on the Cyclone.
Congratulations on the new sled. I upgraded to a 2012 sled myself this year. I sure hope there will be snow this year.
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 09:56:16 AM »
Moved to where?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 02:11:49 PM »
 You will be in for a pleasant surprise this winter. Count on good snow amounts. I just have that feeling.  I'll be on same silver surfer. Enjoy!
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 10:17:28 PM »
No, no games, I really did buy another new sled. We moved to Ottawa, into the ditch of what we affectionately call, lower Wisconsin.

Hal, I saw you're other thread. I think you will love it!

I'm hoping it will be a good winter, but the way it's adding up so far, yes, my outlook is negative. But who am I to complain, I think my '99 GII XCSP600 was only about $500 cheaper. Almost 20 years later, I think this one is a much better sled, even on generic shocks and a thin track.

At any rate, maybe I can cross trails with one of you this winter!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »
No, no games, I really did buy another new sled. We moved to Ottawa, into the ditch of what we affectionately call, lower Wisconsin.

Hal, I saw you're other thread. I think you will love it!

I'm hoping it will be a good winter, but the way it's adding up so far, yes, my outlook is negative. But who am I to complain, I think my '99 GII XCSP600 was only about $500 cheaper. Almost 20 years later, I think this one is a much better sled, even on generic shocks and a thin track.

At any rate, maybe I can cross trails with one of you this winter!

Congratulations on the new iron !
I ended up buying one too, mostly b/c my oldest starts college next year and I figured, what the heck.... I deserve it....  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »
Nice! What did you get? I've bought too much that I "deserve" recently. lol! Luckily I'm not on the hook anymore for college, we started that long ago, that's all they get!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 09:43:30 AM »
Nice! What did you get? I've bought too much that I "deserve" recently. lol! Luckily I'm not on the hook anymore for college, we started that long ago, that's all they get!

Left back 2018 Switchback 600 SP with a 144" track.
It was a real difficult decision, riding Ski Doo's for the past 12 years.
It's not that I didn't like the new Ski Doo's, it just felt like I needed a totally different look, as almost all my friends run similar machines.

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »

Left back 2018 Switchback 600 SP with a 144" track.
It was a real difficult decision, riding Ski Doo's for the past 12 years.
It's not that I didn't like the new Ski Doo's, it just felt like I needed a totally different look, as almost all my friends run similar machines.
The gal that sold me her sled bought a new 900cc Ski Doo instead of a Yamaha. The dealer told her the 900 will outperform the 2012 Yamaha 1049cc sled, because it is 150 pounds lighter.
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 04:47:41 PM »
Hal that depends on which version of the 900 she bought. If it's the non turbo 900 I'll give the nod to the the Yam but very close.  Turbo 900 will eat up the Yammie.  If it matters?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline buddah2

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 06:26:27 AM »
....  Turbo 900 will eat up the Yammie.

Wanna bet? (Asks the guy that just bought a slightly used S/W  :hypocrite: )
"A man's got to know his limitations....."[/size][/color]

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 01:46:25 PM »
Hal that depends on which version of the 900 she bought. If it's the non turbo 900 I'll give the nod to the the Yam but very close.  Turbo 900 will eat up the Yammie.  If it matters?
She bought the non turbo. She did consider the 1200 that was $500 cheaper, but got the lighter sled.
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »
....  Turbo 900 will eat up the Yammie.

Wanna bet? (Asks the guy that just bought a slightly used S/W  :hypocrite: )

We are not talking about a Yammie Sidewinder.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 10:36:05 PM »
She bought the non turbo. She did consider the 1200 that was $500 cheaper, but got the lighter sled.

Even though it's less hp I much prefer our 900 to our 1200. I only drive the 1200 when the wife is around............... ;)
LLAP