Author Topic: New sled  (Read 342 times)

Offline buddah2

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
Re: New sled
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »
Everything you need to know should be in here...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/service/manuals/2008/LIT-12628-02-70_RSVector_1447.pdf
Thanks. The previous owner gave me the manual that came with the sled too. Got the side panel off today and found how to check the oil level and drain plug. The antifreeze reservoir is located there also, but buried under the top panel. I thought it was low, because I didn't see the level of fluid. Took the top panel off and found out it was completely full to the cap.
Ready for snow now to try it out.

Hal,

Congrats on the acquisition....as to the oil level...I don't know for sure on that model but on the original 4-strokes (RX-1 & Warrior) the "E" on the dipstick meant "Enough"....LOTS of guys ended up burning some oil because they over-filled the tank thinking it had to be right to the "F"....might research that some for your particular model...ENJOY your new ride...
"A man's got to know his limitations....."[/size][/color]

Offline buddah2

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
Re: New sled
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 11:11:45 AM »
Oh, and since I posted the last comment I too "bit the bullet" and sprung for something different....going from 14 Viper XT-X to 17 Sidewinder BT-X(lightly used).....we'll see.....
"A man's got to know his limitations....."[/size][/color]