Author Topic: Milwaukee Snow Show  (Read 307 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Milwaukee Snow Show
« on: September 24, 2018, 08:02:36 AM »
Milwaukee Snow Show is Oct 12-14 this year.
I plan on running up there on Sunday AM. Need to pick up some odds and ends .....  :ninja:

Oddly enough, I purchased a new jacket, bibs and helmet last season and my new machine happens to match my gear. Now I just need some boots, gloves and other odds and ends... Who am I kidding, I'm only going in hopes just to smell two stroke oil burning too.....

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
Re: Milwaukee Snow Show
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 09:45:03 AM »
Always Saturday for us. Every year since 1990. Last year one of the Shows marketing? girls followed my son,grandson, and myself around a little and took pictures of us. She said they would put us on the shows handout program. We will see.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »
My oldest is having 5 teeth pulled on Friday and he still wants to go to the snow show. I'm assuming he'll be down for the count, but if there is any chance possible, he might be able to make it on Sunday, even if he's all doped up on pain meds....

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
breakfast at the red school house or highway mikes on the way up???

Me and E should be down for snow show.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:04:07 AM »
10-4, the red school house sounds good for breakfast. Maybe we can leave a car there and all run up together. I touch base with you as we get closer...

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
The MIL snow show was "ok" seems like all the vendors had all the same gear this years. Tons and tons of FXR and 509 stuff.

Every years I go, I think to myself, "why did I even bother"....

I just picked up a set of FXR boots for myself, my kid got a new FLY helmet and 509 goggles. Other than that, it was the same old ho hum thing.
Nice to get out and hang out a little while with some friends and my kids, I guess.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 08:50:21 AM »
I have been going to the Milwaukee show since 1990. Have not missed a year.It used to be in the old dual halls. It's been getting smaller since the mid 2000's. Used to be many more Hi Po shops also. The swap meet in Belvideere getting rained out this year sucked too.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 07:20:06 AM »
Still nice to the the juices flowing, I suppose. My are of the UP got 4" of snow on last Saturday, so things are moving along. Just hoping like hell that the season is decent with new iron sitting in the garage....  :mf_w00t2:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 05:23:21 PM »
Still nice to the the juices flowing, I suppose. My are of the UP got 4" of snow on last Saturday, so things are moving along. Just hoping like hell that the season is decent with new iron sitting in the garage....  :mf_w00t2:
GB, maybe not so much for your UP riding but a good cold stretch first to get the lake ice building, then snow works best for Northern Wisconsin. But we get what we get.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 07:18:25 AM »
Honestly RD, even if conditions are bad - I still go on the trips. Just to get the heck out of IL alone does me good. Then factor in spending time with friends and now that my two sons ride, it's all good ! Last year we drove (2) vehicles up North on 2 or 3 trips, just so we could trailer further North (if needed). On two trips, we had to. I've been looking for a cheap four place trailer, for that purpose alone, but haven't been able to find something I like (yet).

This year my oldest son retired from travel hockey, so the plan is to do some real riding  :punk: Hoping for some backpack trips and some days off of work and school. Hit it hard and take advantage of the time away from home. Last year was the first time the boys rode in different geographical areas of the UP. It was a real nice change in scenery. The only weird thing was that I was really freaked out about navigating, so not to get lost or run out of fuel. It's been 10 years of me riding around my cabin straight. I forgot all my old trails / routes.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 09:59:58 AM »
If the trails are bad, Iwill still go if there is a race I want to attend, or if a certain group of guys go for their annual trip regardless of conditions. Otherwise I can wait for the snow.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »
If the trails are bad, Iwill still go if there is a race I want to attend, or if a certain group of guys go for their annual trip regardless of conditions. Otherwise I can wait for the snow.

I'll have that same ability in 9 years and 9 months....   :smartass:

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »
Honestly RD, even if conditions are bad - I still go on the trips. Just to get the heck out of IL alone does me good. Then factor in spending time with friends and now that my two sons ride, it's all good ! Last year we drove (2) vehicles up North on 2 or 3 trips, just so we could trailer further North (if needed). On two trips, we had to. I've been looking for a cheap four place trailer, for that purpose alone, but haven't been able to find something I like (yet).

This year my oldest son retired from travel hockey, so the plan is to do some real riding  :punk: Hoping for some backpack trips and some days off of work and school. Hit it hard and take advantage of the time away from home. Last year was the first time the boys rode in different geographical areas of the UP. It was a real nice change in scenery. The only weird thing was that I was really freaked out about navigating, so not to get lost or run out of fuel. It's been 10 years of me riding around my cabin straight. I forgot all my old trails / routes.
Good for you GB. I wish I had a couple boys of my own but that never happened. I did have a nephew I essentially raised due to absent father and loco mom, but he somehow got millenialized and turned into an ungrateful user with zero loyalties.  We no longer have a relationship.  Resorted to riding with wife and a couple die "a bit harder than most" buddies. Most have given up snowmobiling over the years.
I hope your boys  stay together with you as play together stay together didn't work for me. 
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"