Author Topic: First Day of Summer  (Read 1456 times)

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
First Day of Summer
« on: June 21, 2018, 07:35:58 AM »
First Day of Summer !
From now on every day gets shorter ! 
Then it's  :sledder:
LLAP

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: First Day of Summer
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 01:04:12 PM »
Amen to that..... summer sucks.......

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 11:35:05 AM »
19 weeks to go.... (I think?)

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 09:13:07 PM »
My countdown says 25.4 weeks.    :biggrin:
LLAP

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 07:40:12 AM »
Baby steps for me. Just get through the next four weeks of youth baseball  :thumbdown:, then allow myself to think about winter & possible new iron  :wub:

Offline Rage'n Renegade

• Administrator
  • ~ Rage'n Renegade ~
    • View Profile
First Day of Summer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 10:57:47 AM »
This summer so far has been a staining/painting summer.  Between myself and my boy we have done 3 decks, a small fence, and a dresser. 

We have been keeping cool by kayaking in Lake Ontario and tubing down the Chippewa River.  We're in WI now. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:02:13 AM by Rage'n Renegade »

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »
Looks like the old Stillwater bridge.
Hal

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »
Noticed a few trees turning in the higher gravel (drier) country this week in NW Wis. (I'm about 20 miles east of Duluth MN and 6-8 miles south inland of Lake Superior).
We've had a wet early summer here, heavy rainfall, flash flooding to the south and east of here. US Hwy 2 is still closed for bridge repair west of Ashland. Our club lucked out with not too much damage from flash flooding. Only went over our grade in three places in a small area.
Southern part of our county around Solon Springs was hit pretty hard along with Eastern Bayfield and Ashland County's section of Trail 2  (Tri County Corridor).

Now, wet as it was earlier we haven't had much rain lately, thus some of the trees turning a little early.

Now we're out mowing and grading our Summer ATV railroad grades.
LLAP

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 11:45:38 AM »
Noticed a few trees turning in the higher gravel (drier) country this week in NW Wis. (I'm about 20 miles east of Duluth MN and 6-8 miles south inland of Lake Superior).
We've had a wet early summer here, heavy rainfall, flash flooding to the south and east of here. US Hwy 2 is still closed for bridge repair west of Ashland. Our club lucked out with not too much damage from flash flooding. Only went over our grade in three places in a small area.
Southern part of our county around Solon Springs was hit pretty hard along with Eastern Bayfield and Ashland County's section of Trail 2  (Tri County Corridor).

Now, wet as it was earlier we haven't had much rain lately, thus some of the trees turning a little early.

I just drove through this area, for the first time a few days ago ! Very nice along Lake Superior ! I was surprised how nice and how big those towns were as well !
Took my oldest son to a few college visits at UW and UMN area.... Drove through hwy 2 all the way back to the UP of MI and spent a few days at the cabin. Nice road trip !

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 08:36:49 AM »

I just drove through this area, for the first time a few days ago ! Very nice along Lake Superior ! I was surprised how nice and how big those towns were as well !
Took my oldest son to a few college visits at UW and UMN area.... Drove through hwy 2 all the way back to the UP of MI and spent a few days at the cabin. Nice road trip !
Which colleges did you visit in Minnesota? Guessing, since you took US2, Duluth was one of them?
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 01:46:08 PM »

Which colleges did you visit in Minnesota? Guessing, since you took US2, Duluth was one of them?

Yes, Duluth is on his list of schools. REALLY nice campus and set up. He really liked it. I'm a little freaked out with the size of the city, but he seemed to not mind that....
UW - Superior was much too small of a campus for his liking. He's crossed that one off the list entirely, unfortunately that school was the most economical one  :'(

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 10:52:07 AM »
BTW, if it doesn't snow this season, It's totally my fault....  :ninja:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 08:46:22 PM »

You bought a new sled?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 09:38:15 AM »

You bought a new sled?

Yes sir ! Pick it up in three weeks  :wub:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »

You bought a new sled?

Yes sir ! Pick it up in three weeks  :wub:

Congrats! SkeDu, I'm guessing?   Hopefully mine will be in by mid November so I can get it setup for a hoped for mid December Vilas trail opening.
Summer SUCKS!!