Author Topic: anyone hear any good jokes lately?  (Read 344 times)

Offline snopork

• View Profile
anyone hear any good jokes lately?
« on: August 05, 2018, 08:49:40 PM »
Just trying to wake up the site.  Here's a good one -

I'd been retired for about 9 months and getting a little stir crazy and feeling better as the chronic fatigue faded way from years of working a shitty schedule as the man in charge. I kinda felt I was drinking to many shots of rum, vodka and bourbon during the day (cuz I could) while I was going about my business of figuring out what my business was.  So I happened to walk in at an opportune time at the local Ford dealer and they offered me a part-time position as a Service Advisor.  25-35 hours a week.  10 hour days. Sounded cool. Gave it a shot. Love the job so far.  Apparently I communicate well with the bizarre people that lurk everywhere and the normal ones also.  So all my training in Employee relations, conflict resolution, Assistance programs and stress management is actually paying off. 

Retired at 56 - re-employed at 57.  I feel good. 4 mile drive to work and fun group of techs to work with.

2016 F250 6.7L engine replacement

Offline snopork

• View Profile
Re: anyone hear any good jokes lately?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 08:52:11 PM »
oh yeah - thats not me - thats a real diesel fixin dude

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 11:42:08 AM »
Well, you're pretty good at breaking stuff, so I guess most people's stories wouldn't shock you.....  :smoke:

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »
 :thumbsupsmileyanim: Being happy at work is top of the priority list. I'd say it's a toss up whether dealing with the people or the metal stuff is more difficult....  At least the cars don't argue.

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 03:36:37 PM »
Its quite different from my old FAA job - I'm no longer the go to guy and decision maker.  Less stress, more humor in listening to people tell you what their car is doing.  I just gotta try to kep it to part time. its easy to feel like you should be there when that was the expectation for the last 30 years.  BTW doesnt hurt that it pays more than I expected and my drive is 5 minutes versus 1hr and 15 minutes prior.  and  I get these really great no nonsense prices for vehicles.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 10:59:24 AM »
Its quite different from my old FAA job - I'm no longer the go to guy and decision maker.  Less stress, more humor in listening to people tell you what their car is doing.  I just gotta try to kep it to part time. its easy to feel like you should be there when that was the expectation for the last 30 years.  BTW doesnt hurt that it pays more than I expected and my drive is 5 minutes versus 1hr and 15 minutes prior.  and  I get these really great no nonsense prices for vehicles.

I'll be calling you for friends and family pricing !