Author Topic: UP ride Feb 16-18  (Read 1415 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: UP ride Feb 16-18
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 09:34:51 AM »
we are at my place

gayprideride  :biggrin:
I'm totally jealous ....

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 08:09:26 AM »
Last ride of the season March 9-11. I hope there's snow.....  :snow:
Planning on some trailer time - get to see the shores of Lake Superior  :punk:

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
Was that a weekly track inspection?
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 09:48:39 AM »
Was that a weekly track inspection?

Hoping to put the sleds away better this year, than I did last year  :(. The older I get, the worse I treat my stuff. Just no time for maintenance anymore. Kinda sad....
Hoping to ride Friday and Saturday. Try to get back home by dinner time and spend 3-4 hours drinking and prepping machines for summer storage....
Just hope to drain gas, clean carbs, grease the skid and spray a little WD40 on the suspension x 3 sleds....

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 10:47:01 AM »
I spent a little time in the garage working on my sleds.  Carb adjustments on the wife's 600 and the General look over on the Boys Puma and Replaced the fuel filter in my 800.  Last ride on my sled I got some water in the fuel at a fill up and sled started to run like crap.  When I drained the fuel filter it was half full of water.  By the the Filter assemblies from Polaris on the CFI engines are not cheap at 121.99 for the dealer at least DK has it for 90.00
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:03 PM »
Well, I'm pretty damn bummed..... Had to cancel my last sled trip due to kids sports....... Seems to happen every year...... My oldest kid won a state playoff game he wasn't supposed to win and they advanced to the final 8 teams in Illinois State Tier 2 hockey playoffs. They play a three game round robin and 8 teams turn into 2 teams at the end of the weekend. Then the final 2 teams move on to play at the United Center in Chicago (Chicago Blackhawks Home Ice). Its a long shot (trust me), but I can't go riding while my kid is playing round two playoff hockey  :thumbdown:

Hoping we get some spring storms rolling in and maybe we can play in the woods mid-March??
So what? your cancelling already for this weekend?  Tom and I are going- they got 16 inches of snow since we left last weekend.  Just spoke to FlyinV - he and his son may come up also.  If your on the fence over pussing out - come up to Mercer.  We can always watch snow videos on the bigscreen TV we got now and exaggerate stories of past Porker runs.  Last week we watched a bunch of Johnny Skeptical yamaha vids - I didn't realize how good those were
Andy,
Fireball Dave and I were supposed to head up with GB.  Where about you going to be riding?  Maybe we will find a hotel room up that way and meet up.
Did you guys ever make it up?  Saw someone pull up on a Doo but then turned and went back out on the lake

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 07:59:50 AM »
Well, I'm pretty damn bummed..... Had to cancel my last sled trip due to kids sports....... Seems to happen every year...... My oldest kid won a state playoff game he wasn't supposed to win and they advanced to the final 8 teams in Illinois State Tier 2 hockey playoffs. They play a three game round robin and 8 teams turn into 2 teams at the end of the weekend. Then the final 2 teams move on to play at the United Center in Chicago (Chicago Blackhawks Home Ice). Its a long shot (trust me), but I can't go riding while my kid is playing round two playoff hockey  :thumbdown:

Hoping we get some spring storms rolling in and maybe we can play in the woods mid-March??
So what? your cancelling already for this weekend?  Tom and I are going- they got 16 inches of snow since we left last weekend.  Just spoke to FlyinV - he and his son may come up also.  If your on the fence over pussing out - come up to Mercer.  We can always watch snow videos on the bigscreen TV we got now and exaggerate stories of past Porker runs.  Last week we watched a bunch of Johnny Skeptical yamaha vids - I didn't realize how good those were
Andy,
Fireball Dave and I were supposed to head up with GB.  Where about you going to be riding?  Maybe we will find a hotel room up that way and meet up.
Did you guys ever make it up?  Saw someone pull up on a Doo but then turned and went back out on the lake

We rode this weekend, but we rode further North.
Made it as West as Watersmeet, MI.

Ran the trailer on Saturday further North and found much better trail conditions.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 02:51:22 PM »

Andy,
I ride Poo Poo Fireball rides Doo Doo.   :)  We did not make it up.  Fireball was sick. 
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 11:26:41 PM »

Andy,
I ride Poo Poo Fireball rides Doo Doo.   :)  We did not make it up.  Fireball was sick.
did he eat mushrooms again?

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 02:24:16 PM »

Andy,
did he eat mushrooms again?

Hard to forget the mushroom "situation"  :mf_Flush: LOL....