Author Topic: Northern IL  (Read 247 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Northern IL
« on: February 07, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »
Well, I'm getting local snow here in Chicagoland for the last few days and the next few days. Enough to ride on, but all my machines are 6 hours North of here  :banghead:

The Northwoods are also getting a little here and there, but still having an "off" year with snow totals - and the season is approaching it's end.....

Yet another year I'm glad I didn't invest in a 12K+ new machine !
Although I did buy a used 2015 model....  :'(

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Northern IL
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 06:31:11 AM »
Over here West of Rockford we probably have a good 10" now. Groomers are all out as well. Would have been nice if some of the snow would have had a little moisture in it though. Much easier to make a good base. Supposed to have 2 days next week up around freezing so that may be good for it.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:12:29 AM »
Over here West of Rockford we probably have a good 10" now. Groomers are all out as well. Would have been nice if some of the snow would have had a little moisture in it though. Much easier to make a good base. Supposed to have 2 days next week up around freezing so that may be good for it.

Yeah we have over 12" on the ground over the past couple of days. Spent most of my weekend plowing my driveway (and three other driveways).
Lots of sled tracks out towards DeKalb ! (I had a basketball tournament at NIU).

Leaving for the Northwoods this weekend. Hoping they got some of this storm, although they are supposed to get hammered with a much larger storm during the week.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:13:38 AM »

Yeah we have over 12" on the ground over the past couple of days. Spent most of my weekend plowing my driveway (and three other driveways).
Lots of sled tracks out towards DeKalb ! (I had a basketball tournament at NIU).

Leaving for the Northwoods this weekend. Hoping they got some of this storm, although they are supposed to get hammered with a much larger storm during the week.

Yes we are over a foot now too. We got another 3 or 4 Sunday early morning. Groomer was out all weekend. Trails look pretty nice now. Hope the temps this week don't hurt it much. Only a couple days above freezing so it should be OK. At least for another weekend anyway. There were quite a few trailers at our park and ride spots this weekend.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!