Author Topic: Broom Snow  (Read 315 times)

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
Broom Snow
« on: January 16, 2018, 12:17:31 AM »
A foot of broom snow today !
Occasionally we get some Lake efffect off Lake Superior. Today we hit the jackpot.
I've swept my sidewalk about three-four times today, never had to use a shovel and I can still find the sidewalk.
The ATV cranks along like it isn't even there but it's pouring over the top of the plow.
For the last couple weeks we have had enough snow to scrape by with the groomers. We were grooming about 110 of our 130 miles.
The last 20 miles were groomed for the first time late this weekend
Trails had started shaping up with a couple small snowfalls, 2-3 inches, then this.  :-)
LLAP

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
Re: Broom Snow
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:15:24 PM »
We're just back to rideable trails in most places here in CNY, after the nuclear meltdown a week ago killed the great base we had going. 2 1/2 weeks of below zero wasn't enough to overcome Thursday's 40s and Friday's 60s.  :banghead:
-12 this morning, but 40s and some rain for Sunday and early next week will put us back to start again.  I hate winter...... :shrug:

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 03:18:35 PM »
My riding area is about to get blasted with a 1-2 foot snow storm  :wub:

However, I'll believe that - when I see it.....  :ninja:

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 09:09:25 AM »
My riding area is about to get blasted with a 1-2 foot snow storm  :wub:

However, I'll believe that - when I see it.....  :ninja:

Weather experts have 2 paths forecast; the northern path drops the big hit on the MN arrowhead and the southern path drops it on the WI north woods. Hope one of us gets hit.  :c-n:
Just a typical snowmobiler...

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 08:01:56 PM »
Got pretty warm in the Northwoods Friday. Rode through pork country friday. Right through Beaver  Lodge parking lot. Came home Saturday because of the warm. Still warm today freinds said. The big snow has been down sized and hasen't started yet.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 08:44:42 AM »
Got pretty warm in the Northwoods Friday. Rode through pork country friday. Right through Beaver  Lodge parking lot. Came home Saturday because of the warm. Still warm today freinds said. The big snow has been down sized and hasen't started yet.

1-2 feet got downsized to 8 inches.....  :thumbdown:
I'm trying to leave on Friday, as I ditched this weekend due to the warm temps....

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 09:55:50 AM »

We went to a drag race near Marshfield on Saturday.  I didn't even need a jacket, bibs and a sweatshirt weather...   
Just a typical snowmobiler...

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 07:03:05 PM »
Aint that a b!tch...we froze our behinds off with frozen pipes and thirsty furnaces sucking out the wallet for like 2~3 weeks then 2 days of thaw and rain come in and wipe out 2' of snow over here.   :banghead: :ranting: :mf_Flush:
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 09:27:20 PM »
Can we use the C word for mother nature?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 03:54:16 PM »
I was there.   We road around the flowage and checked for best routes to Park Falls and the St. Croix fishing pole factory.  Sunday road there and back 100+ miles and trail 12 was the best we rode on all weekend.  Ill be up this weekend w/boys on Thursday night. 

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 12:38:40 AM »
Can we use the C word for mother nature?

Can we spell it with all capital letters. >:(
Trails were really starting to get NICE. Then mother nature (the big C) melted our butts halfway into oblivion.
Made it out to northern Bayfield County yesterday and it was mostly pretty good. Rode out west of me today but that's right on the edge. We did get an inch of snow today but we need 6 or 8 inches. We ran our groomers over about 80 % of our trails since the weekend but the ones to the west leave a lot to be desired, just barely enough to ride on but not a lot of fun. 

And not much in the forecast.............................
LLAP

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 03:46:21 PM »
we are porked here in northeast.  way up maine likely ok...I wont drive 8 hours from sled lodge for riding tho'.  Lower "la bosse" quebec is so busy I cant find a decent trailside hotel for next weekend.  I should have joined the atv ride last weekend.   :ranting: 
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"