WoW! FFF'NNN Cold

Author Topic: WoW! FFF'NNN Cold  (Read 1260 times)

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
Re: WoW! FFF'NNN Cold
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »
All snow gone here but for some marginal stuff in the north which will be gone after tomorrows monsoon #2 washes it away.
I guess too tall stand up no wind protection cold a$$ sleds are ok again!   :rolleyes:

Hey 2qwik I found an 81 tiger 5000 in decent shape for 1200, pondering.   :shrug:
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »
Hey 2qwik I found an 81 tiger 5000 in decent shape for 1200, pondering.   :shrug:

My 78 Tiger 5000 was $175, the 77 Tiger 5000 above was free.  In Minnesota a really nice 78 - 81 5000 free air will bring $600 - $800.  I get the feeling vintage sleds are more difficult to find out east.  The 81 came with a full rubber track, which makes it an ideal rider, but you already know that...

Just a typical snowmobiler...

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2018, 10:24:21 AM »
UP and Northern WI got 8-12" of freshy last night, but another warm up is in the forecast for Friday  :blink: Hoping the get out and roll the dice.....

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »

My 78 Tiger 5000 was $175, the 77 Tiger 5000 above was free.  In Minnesota a really nice 78 - 81 5000 free air will bring $600 - $800.  I get the feeling vintage sleds are more difficult to find out east.  The 81 came with a full rubber track, which makes it an ideal rider, but you already know that...
yes in my 30 years of vintage interest, its always been about double the money in the east compared to west.  Due to half of inventory no doubt.  I decided to bail on that 81.  The guy had been going back and forth with me and same day he said I could get it for agreed price he put it on ebay. The pictures show its condition to be worse than he portrayed. In the ebay listing he does not mention that that sled wont rev past half throttle or about 6k which he did admit to me. The belly pan on it is pretty beat up.  I have an 81 that is dis-assembled but I have it all. I may get started on it here pretty soon.  I was really enjoying my reverse equipped pantera until the snow burnt down.  :ranting:

Oh while on this topic of over priced too tall cold sleds......Polaris EVO mid size sled for 019.  Lower and less cost 121" track and 550 fan.
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »
No way to I want to go back to my hands down near my knees and my knees higher than my hips. Low riders are only for a racetrack.
I'm not talking about a 71 oly here....take a knee.  I loved the ergos on the edge, the twinspar  and some others.  I'm well aware of the knee to hip height ratio. very low seats are horrible. We have had this discussion dead horse. Very tall seats are no fun...I'm not alone hence bogus sales.  Your knees hips whatever coming apart does suck but on the other token I hate freezing and riding atv tall machines that require copious amounts of input on corners.  Notice the popularity of SXS atv?  Same scenario.  high rider CG just sucks.  I always thought the twinspar was best compromise but could no longer deal with rock hard seating.  so.....my wifes 03 pantera rides better than my 015 ski-doo the majority of the time on groomed trails, while always keeping you warmer. She will also tell you that.  Who is wrong? I like the ergos better on the 015 but I don't see why best of both cant be had.  Time again to go take a rip on my old school dragger...

AJ, we can agree to disagree on our preferred style of sleds to ride, but those 3 are great looking "oldies"!
Summer SUCKS!!