Author Topic: Nov 9th = 10" UP snow  (Read 421 times)

Offline Hal

• View Profile
Re: Nov 9th = 10" UP snow
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
That is a good way to get attacked by a buck. My deer hunting partner confessed that that his son didn't shoot any deer and just pulling my leg. All they seen were does. There is so much corn still standing that there are just too many hiding spots for them. The fields are so wet that the farmers are finding it impossible to harvest their corn.
Hal

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 08:44:50 AM »
I sat in a deer stand for three days in the bitter cold and didn't see any bucks. Someone else was there this morning and shot a 14 point buck.

Gotta cover yourself in female dear pee or what?
female dear pee?  double entendre?  I think theres a website for that

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 09:00:28 AM »
I sat in a deer stand for three days in the bitter cold and didn't see any bucks. Someone else was there this morning and shot a 14 point buck.

Gotta cover yourself in female dear pee or what?
I think it's more a matter of timing and persistence. I stood in my stand every morning from opening day through last Sunday. Didn't see a thing from the 4th through the 11th. On the 12th, two deer crossed the swamp about 100 yards from my stand. One of them didn't make it all the way across the swamp. It wasn't a big deer (a 5" spike on one side, 2 - 2 1/2" nub on the other; dressed out at 101#), but it's meat in the freezer.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »
I still have plenty of venison in the freezer and didn't really need more. Three days of freezing cold and wind was enough fun for me.
Hal

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »
Sounds like some peeps got some riding in over the weekend !
Hearing that some places in the Keweenaw got 18" of snow on the ground...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 08:54:07 AM »
Starting to get pissy about the forecast.... (again)....

So, planned on leaving this weekend for a ride. Current forecast is low 40's for FRI & SAT, however a snowstorm is coming on SUN  :c-n:
I get to ride on jack sh!t and overheat for a couple of days, then get stuck driving home in a snowstorm  :ranting: