Author Topic: Boots  (Read 354 times)

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
Boots
« on: October 12, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »
Looking at new snow sneakers. I've always had boots with removable liners, like Kamiks or Sorels, but lately I've been looking at more of a hiking boot style with out removable liners (lighter, less clunky to walk around).
Thoughts?

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Boots
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »
I'm been looking at similar Klim brand boots, but I need to order them after a few drinks in me... $  :eek:

Trying to get to the Milwaukee snow show this weekend (if possible) to see what other brands may interest me.... 

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 08:40:29 PM »
I have a pair of Klim Adrenaline GTX (Gore Tex) that I bought at the Syracuse show many years ago the year or year after they came out. They have been through hell nit only on the sleds but snow blowing around camp as well as using them for snow duty at home. They are the best boots I have ever bought and are still water proof after 10 + years.
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »
I have been thinking about buying new boots for the last several years. But my 10 year old Trukkes just keep trucking on! :banana:
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »
I have been thinking about buying new boots for the last several years. But my 10 year old Trukkes just keep trucking on! :banana:
My RUOutsides are at least 12 years old, probably more like 15, and the sole split in half 2 winters ago. Not so they have a gaping hole, just the rubber is cracked all the way across, and on the toes too.
The wife says "Just wear some bread bags with them!"  :banghead: :rolleyes:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »
My RUOutsides are at least 12 years old, probably more like 15, and the sole split in half 2 winters ago. Not so they have a gaping hole, just the rubber is cracked all the way across, and on the toes too.

Moon boots!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:26:58 PM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 09:44:03 PM »
Bread bags?  Buy her an RU outside thong and get some boots dude. 

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »
Bread bags?  Buy her an RU outside thong and get some boots dude.
Too much chafing!  :eek:  I ended up getting a pair of Kamik's with removable liners. They're not much different from my old boots, but way lighter! If they last half as long I'll be happy.