Author Topic: Did everyone die.....0r sumthin?  (Read 1473 times)

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
Re: Did everyone die.....0r sumthin?
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »
Low riders, as they were, will never be back. Big bore triples, are just a dream. Lake racers not enough market. All the mfg's R&D money is going to the mountain segment.

Still living the dream here.

Just a typical snowmobiler...

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »
Low riders, as they were, will never be back. Big bore triples, are just a dream. Lake racers not enough market. All the mfg's R&D money is going to the mountain segment.

Nothing wrong with that qik. T-cats are legends. Can I ask if those trophies are recent? Are you running in a Vintage only class?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2017, 10:20:45 AM »

Nothing wrong with that qik. T-cats are legends. Can I ask if those trophies are recent? Are you running in a Vintage only class?

RD, picture was from September. "Vintage" racing is generally 1981 & older. This year several events added "Classic" classes from 1982 - 2002. 

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »

RD, picture was from September. "Vintage" racing is generally 1981 & older. This year several events added "Classic" classes from 1982 - 2002. 

We tried the "Classic" class. Just didn't bring out many sleds.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »

We tried the "Classic" class. Just didn't bring out many sleds.

We ran both vintage and classic sleds this season.  Vintage definitely has more entries but classic is catching on now, especially with spectators.  The muscle sleds - T-cat, Vmax4, SRX8, XCR8, Storm, Mach Z, ZRT8 - bring spectators to the fence when you line them up.  Especially when they've been watching vintage 340's & 440's run the grass all afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:57:43 PM by 2qik »

Offline jon4snow

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2017, 07:36:44 AM »
Still Alive and kicking. I have an XRS8 in the stable and just moved my office to my house so I am hoping to be able to Ski and Snowmobile more during weekdays. Not having to go into the corporate office will definatly free up recreation time. Plus I have been putting in 70's all year at a Superfund project and have all my PTO saved up. Merry Christmas everyone !
Buy American
The job you save may be your own

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2017, 12:33:20 PM »
Still Alive and kicking. I have an XRS8 in the stable and just moved my office to my house so I am hoping to be able to Ski and Snowmobile more during weekdays. Not having to go into the corporate office will definatly free up recreation time. Plus I have been putting in 70's all year at a Superfund project and have all my PTO saved up. Merry Christmas everyone !
I a'm surprised that you aren't suffering from burnout, working that many hours. My rule of thumb was to limit myself to no more than 50 hours per week when I was a wage slave.
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2017, 09:05:29 PM »
2qik, when did Yammie make a SRX8?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2017, 06:16:58 PM »
I a'm surprised that you aren't suffering from burnout, working that many hours. My rule of thumb was to limit myself to no more than 50 hours per week when I was a wage slave.

It's different when it's your own business...
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2017, 09:31:40 AM »

RD, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe I'm thinking SRX7?  What I do know is a well tuned 98' SRX has outrun my T-cat in 500 ft. on grass.

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »

It's different when it's your own business...
You work that many hours, you fall asleep at your desk trying to read the paper or so lose interest in doing any fun things like fishing, snowmobiling or visiting with friends.
Hal

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »

RD, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe I'm thinking SRX7?  What I do know is a well tuned 98' SRX has outrun my T-cat in 500 ft. on grass.
The SRX in its last form was a triple/triple 700 that hauled ass.  The Viper 700 triple/single was a different motor and had less oomph. 

Offline roady

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2017, 08:27:13 PM »
Not everyone died but Rob Lyons did. He was a member here a long time ago before he started Hardcore Sledder.
Found him dead on his deck last week with his cell phone in his hand.

he struts up, grabs his cigs, steps behind the groups table, puts cig to mouth, fires it up and takes a drag.he then pulls the cig from his mouth standing there and calmly and inquisitively asked, What smells like BUTTSALSA?

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2017, 10:21:34 AM »
Sorry to here that.  Was his handle Rob in VT or something like that?
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2017, 01:46:59 PM »
Not everyone died but Rob Lyons did. He was a member here a long time ago before he started Hardcore Sledder.
Found him dead on his deck last week with his cell phone in his hand.

I remember he road 10,000 miles on his 1st year Firecat.  That was hardcore.  B)