Author Topic: Did everyone die.....0r sumthin?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline snopork

• View Profile
Re: Did everyone die.....0r sumthin?
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »
I'm working on this for this season. Got a 2 inch track for it and have to go thru my collection of clutch ramps, arms and gears to see if I have something to give it better gearing and perf.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:48:33 AM by snopork »

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2017, 11:08:20 AM »
The dali-lama of sled appraisals (says freak) is still alive.  Its good to see some of the familiar handles here.  I don't check in often at all.
I surf other sites like fb and cl mostly and on my g7, don't use the home computer much anymore.  We have a new 018 eltigre 8000 in the fleet this season, but I wont bore ya'll with any appraisal lol.  Just went riding this Saturday, froze really bad.  underdressed and no hand warmers on the xp1000. We have 2" in the hills.

AJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay,

You won't be boring anybody, brought mine home yesterday.  Still need to get the mirrors, 4 wheel kit and other stuff hooked up.

You're not the dalai lama of sled appraisals bro   :biggrin: :beer2:
You never see a snowmobile parked in front of a Psychiatrist office.

Offline RevManII

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 12:29:27 PM »
Another NY guy still kicking. I've done very little riding the last couple of years. Just a little local riding when snow permits. I've had no sled transport since buying a new truck a couple of years ago. I still have the ramp system that was in my last 2 trucks, but it needs some maintenance and I would have to modify the tailgate cables like I did for my '09. I kept the extensions I made for it, so I should be able to use them on the '14, I just haven't looked at it that close yet. Since I quit my job last June and I'm taking some time off (calling it a semi-retirement) I may take a whack at it this year.

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »
Another NY guy still kicking. I've done very little riding the last couple of years. Just a little local riding when snow permits. I've had no sled transport since buying a new truck a couple of years ago. I still have the ramp system that was in my last 2 trucks, but it needs some maintenance and I would have to modify the tailgate cables like I did for my '09. I kept the extensions I made for it, so I should be able to use them on the '14, I just haven't looked at it that close yet. Since I quit my job last June and I'm taking some time off (calling it a semi-retirement) I may take a whack at it this year.

Good to hear you are still around Tom! It's been quite a while...
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline roady

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2017, 08:08:34 AM »
Ready to ride to Richfield Springs and beyond again?

he struts up, grabs his cigs, steps behind the groups table, puts cig to mouth, fires it up and takes a drag.he then pulls the cig from his mouth standing there and calmly and inquisitively asked, What smells like BUTTSALSA?

Offline RevManII

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2017, 09:14:54 AM »
Hey guys. Yeah it's been a while. I did start looking at putting the ramp setup in the current pickup yesterday. Found my cable extensions. They are needed again. They look like they'll work with some engineering work on the shoulder bolts they attach to. I vaguely remember this problem with the '09 too. Hopefully, I'll be mobile this year and take advantage of the time off and get out to Tug Hill and some of the south of the Mohawk trails.

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »
I'm still kick'n. Although I didn't kick much from early May till a month or so ago.  ;) Slipped in the yard early May and broke my left fibula  (small bone just above the ankle joint) Later found a stress fracture in the middle toe. Had never broken a bone in my body till then and didn't understand how people could break so many bones. After that I don't understand how I haven't broken a dozen bones.

Think I've mentioned on here that I retired July of 15. Counter on my phone says 873 days. I had the countdown running on there for retirement so I just left it running.   As Hal mentioned, "Don't know how I had time to work before I retired".  Spend a lot of time mowing, grading maintaining snowmobile/ATV trails for our snowmobile club. We do about 130 miles so it keeps us busy.

He he, no more shifting in the groomer this winter.  :biggrin: The club put Soucy tracks on our 2011 125 hp John Deere with the IVT (infinitely variable transmission) Been a long wait.

LLAP

Offline RevManII

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2017, 11:42:16 AM »
I'm still kick'n. Although I didn't kick much from early May till a month or so ago.  ;) Slipped in the yard early May and broke my left fibula  (small bone just above the ankle joint) Later found a stress fracture in the middle toe. Had never broken a bone in my body till then and didn't understand how people could break so many bones. After that I don't understand how I haven't broken a dozen bones.

Think I've mentioned on here that I retired July of 15. Counter on my phone says 873 days. I had the countdown running on there for retirement so I just left it running.   As Hal mentioned, "Don't know how I had time to work before I retired".  Spend a lot of time mowing, grading maintaining snowmobile/ATV trails for our snowmobile club. We do about 130 miles so it keeps us busy.

He he, no more shifting in the groomer this winter.  :biggrin: The club put Soucy tracks on our 2011 125 hp John Deere with the IVT (infinitely variable transmission) Been a long wait.

I here you :). Never understood people that say they'd be bored if they retired.

Got the ramp system in over the last couple of days. Did a test load today. Worked like champ. Looks like I'm mobile this year  :banana:

EDIT: Hmmm ... It appears photo bucket isn't free anymore.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:50:16 AM by RevManII »

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2017, 05:32:51 PM »
The dali-lama of sled appraisals (says freak) is still alive.  Its good to see some of the familiar handles here.  I don't check in often at all.
I surf other sites like fb and cl mostly and on my g7, don't use the home computer much anymore.  We have a new 018 eltigre 8000 in the fleet this season, but I wont bore ya'll with any appraisal lol.  Just went riding this Saturday, froze really bad.  underdressed and no hand warmers on the xp1000. We have 2" in the hills.

You won't be boring anybody, brought mine home yesterday.  Still need to get the mirrors, 4 wheel kit and other stuff hooked up.

Old guy, {smart guy!} windshield. :thumbsupsmileyanim:
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »
Rd last I knew you had a Polaris 800.  Still have that or? 
Yep, 2015 AXYS Switchback 800, 2015 Indy 600, 2000 XCSP600ves Gen2, 2010 Roadglide Custom, 2008 Bonneville, and coming up on 5 years retired in January!
no interest in the turbo for them lakes you run?
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2017, 10:42:29 AM »

IS that the eltigre 8000?  Gonna be a great snowmobile.  I'm waiting for a lower rider CG  lake racer from Cat I heard a rumor about.

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 01:59:47 PM »

Old guy, {smart guy!} windshield. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Should create quite the vortex in my wake...

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 02:08:50 PM »

IS that the eltigre 8000?  Gonna be a great snowmobile.  I'm waiting for a lower rider CG  lake racer from Cat I heard a rumor about.

Yup, 8.  My first "long track" if you consider a 137 long in today's world.

What are you hearing about this new cat???  Last "low rider" they had was the 1990 EXT special with the short chrome moly spindles.  They had weak cranks though.  Mine broke on trail #2 one night in the U.P. cruzin along at 75mph.  Man things get dark in a hurry when that happens.  :help:    Dealer had a whole new motor in it from Cat within 4 days.   That crank lasted the next 2,500 miles I had the sled.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »
Yep, 2015 AXYS Switchback 800, 2015 Indy 600, 2000 XCSP600ves Gen2, 2010 Roadglide Custom, 2008 Bonneville, and coming up on 5 years retired in January!

Yammie Sidewinder is on the preferred list. Low riders, as they were, will never be back. Big bore triples, are just a dream. Lake racers not enough market. All the mfg's R&D money is going to the mountain segment.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:34:07 PM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2017, 08:47:06 PM »

Yammie Sidewinder is on the preferred list. Low riders, as they were, will never be back. Big bore triples, are just a dream. Lake racers not enough market. All the mfg's R&D money is going to the mountain segment.
Oh well, I had to retire from sledding sooner or later.  I guess it will be when my gsx is worn out.  Then I will put around house with vintage.  No real world word on the new Cat di8. I don't think it will be ahead of the doo 850, might be as good....but that is a tall order.  I'm just not a fan of the Procross ergonomics or stability at least up until the 2015 model my buddy runs.  My other buddy has the supposed "shit" from Ac for 018, the eltigre 8000.  I will be sure to get some seat time soon.