Author Topic: Did everyone die.....0r sumthin?  (Read 4387 times)

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Did everyone die.....0r sumthin?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 07:27:03 PM »
Keep me in the loop.  Tuesday through Thursday works best for retired riding  :banana:
You're not the dalai lama of sled appraisals bro   :biggrin: :beer2:
You never see a snowmobile parked in front of a Psychiatrist office.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 07:21:29 AM »
You guys make me sick !

I still have 16 more years of work to go....  :'(
But you have 16 years to build up a great retirement savings plan. To late for us geezers.

My "build up" will get knocked down very soon, as college years are approaching for my two sons. I will help them as much as I can, but I plan on having them take loans for 50% so they keep their heads in the game. After they graduate, I hope to help them pay down their debt. I made a deal with both of them. If either or both get a free ride due to their sports I will buy them a new car at graduation  :biggrin:

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2017, 04:37:26 PM »
I made a deal with both of them. If either or both get a free ride due to their sports I will buy them a new car at graduation  :biggrin:
You will be the one making out on that deal if it pans out Chuck!  :thumbsupsmileyanim:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 07:22:04 AM »
I made a deal with both of them. If either or both get a free ride due to their sports I will buy them a new car at graduation  :biggrin:
You will be the one making out on that deal if it pans out Chuck!  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hell yeah, I will  :beer:

Offline 2qik

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 03:43:17 PM »

Greek that's a bad deal as it places emphasis on athletics instead of academics.  Re-negotiate that deal to be you'll co-sign a car loan if they get a free ride due to good grades.  If you still want to give them something, forgive the car loan when they graduate from college.

-2qik
Just a typical snowmobiler...

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »

Greek that's a bad deal as it places emphasis on athletics instead of academics.  Re-negotiate that deal to be you'll co-sign a car loan if they get a free ride due to good grades.  If you still want to give them something, forgive the car loan when they graduate from college.

-2qik
Yup. Just IMO of course. Sports are a dead end. Most people overestimate their chances- 1 in a million make it to a financially lucrative position, and then it's a huge longshot they last more than a couple years. Brains will get you to retirement age.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 11:56:41 AM »

-2qik
Yup. Just IMO of course. Sports are a dead end. Most people overestimate their chances- 1 in a million make it to a financially lucrative position, and then it's a huge longshot they last more than a couple years. Brains will get you to retirement age.

I'm fortunate. Both kids are HEAVY into travel sports, but they are both A students, taking honors / AP courses and both in the National Honors Society.
In today's sports, you really can't have "average" grades and be looked at. You need to have it all, just to get that 1 % chance to move forward.
My oldest son plays Tier II, AA hockey and hopes to make a NAHL or USHL team in the next 1-2 years. From there, he hopes to play D1 college hockey. If life doesn't go as planned, there is always D2 or D3 hockey schools too (but at D3, it would only be for fun and to stay in shape). Hockey is extremely cut throat and you need to catch someone's eye to move forward at a high level.

My youngest son plays AAU travel basketball and AAA travel baseball. He also does Jr High basketball and track. This kid is a flat out natural to sports. Makes everything look easy. If he can keep his drive and keep his head into it, he'll go pretty far in life. However, he's also the one I'm most concerned about b/c he's never had any failure in his life. Coaches beg for him to be on their teams and he's never not made a team before.

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »
Not Dead, but a significant change in career has severely cut down on my free time. for Nearly 2 years now I have been in the Marine industry and all I can say there is no time when you are in a business like this.  The jury is still out on whether this was a good move or not.
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline Rage'n Renegade

• Administrator
  • ~ Rage'n Renegade ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »
Not dead here either but obviously not keeping up.  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline skippydoo

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 11:40:21 PM »
or sumthin    only lurk once in a while but still snowmobiling and very much still here
SKI-DOO
get on sit down shut up and hold on
I CAN-AM can you

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »
Not Dead, but a significant change in career has severely cut down on my free time. for Nearly 2 years now I have been in the Marine industry and all I can say there is no time when you are in a business like this.  The jury is still out on whether this was a good move or not.

Now that you have winters off, maybe you can meet up UP north  :rolleyes:

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 03:05:37 PM »
The dali-lama of sled appraisals (says freak) is still alive.  Its good to see some of the familiar handles here.  I don't check in often at all.
I surf other sites like fb and cl mostly and on my g7, don't use the home computer much anymore.  We have a new 018 eltigre 8000 in the fleet this season, but I wont bore ya'll with any appraisal lol.  Just went riding this Saturday, froze really bad.  underdressed and no hand warmers on the xp1000. We have 2" in the hills.
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 09:39:12 PM »
Good to know you are still kicken AJ
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »
Rd last I knew you had a Polaris 800.  Still have that or? 
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 09:58:13 PM »
Rd last I knew you had a Polaris 800.  Still have that or? 
Yep, 2015 AXYS Switchback 800, 2015 Indy 600, 2000 XCSP600ves Gen2, 2010 Roadglide Custom, 2008 Bonneville, and coming up on 5 years retired in January!
Summer SUCKS!!