Author Topic: Did everyone die.....0r sumthin?  (Read 4835 times)

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Did everyone die.....0r sumthin?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »
I am still alive and ticking.  Last year I retired from IL DOT and fled the state with my pension.  Took a job with Wisconsin DOT (NE Madison) and living just off I-39 near Lodi.   Have lied pretty low in the last year. 

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 07:07:18 AM »
Good to see you back Steve. If it wasn't for grandkids I think I could convince my wife to do the same. Are you still involved with Tri County? Whats the riding like around Lodi?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:09:45 AM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 07:51:50 AM »
I am still alive and ticking.  Last year I retired from IL DOT and fled the state with my pension.  Took a job with Wisconsin DOT (NE Madison) and living just off I-39 near Lodi.   Have lied pretty low in the last year.
I didn't realize that. I just retired from FAA DOT July 31st.   Doing deferred house maintenance for now

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
4 more months till Social Security!!
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 07:01:41 PM »
Good to see you back Steve. If it wasn't for grandkids I think I could convince my wife to do the same. Are you still involved with Tri County? Whats the riding like around Lodi?

Our daughters live in Galena and Madison so they were not keeping us in Byron.
I am not involved with Illinois organized snowmobiling anymore but I am keeping in touch with people and attending events. I will be at the Tri-County snow show next month Sept 8th.
Never got to ride around here much last year but it is pretty good, nice rolling terrain and good grooming.

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »
I didn't realize that. I just retired from FAA DOT July 31st.   Doing deferred house maintenance for now

Congrats on the retirement Andy.  I am sure you will keep yourself busy.

Offline whiteout

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »
Went to Heydays last weekend, there was a large crowd.
I don't agree with idiot-proofing - idiots should suffer consequences, or else they'll just be a danger to the rest of us

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 07:55:20 AM »

I am not involved with Illinois organized snowmobiling anymore but I am keeping in touch with people and attending events. I will be at the Tri-County snow show next month Sept 8th.
Never got to ride around here much last year but it is pretty good, nice rolling terrain and good grooming.
You might want to turn the page on your calendar there, SS. Your post was made on Sept 9.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 10:47:34 PM »

You might want to turn the page on your calendar there, SS. Your post was made on Sept 9.
Good catch, let's make that Oct 8th

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »
You guys make me sick !

I still have 16 more years of work to go....  :'(

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »
Don't wish your life away GB. Once the time comes it will seem like it flew by.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 07:01:08 AM »
Don't wish your life away GB. Once the time comes it will seem like it flew by.

I hear ya.... I'm actually getting close to a job change, after 23 years at the same place. Owners are splitting apart and I've been offered part of the company, but I'm really not looking to be partners in a failing business right now. Got a couple irons in the fire, but I wanted to see how things were going to shake out. I'd prefer staying here, as is, if that was at all possible. I enjoy the freedoms I have right now with my kids in three travel sports and sled season upon us  :blush:

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 02:02:33 PM »
You guys make me sick !

I still have 16 more years of work to go....  :'(
But you have 16 years to build up a great retirement savings plan. To late for us geezers.
Hal

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »

Hey!  Welcome to the club...Denise and I retired in January.  We each had 32+ years with AmFam in Madison

Was up your way last weekend helping FOM's widowed GF with a few things.  Stopped in to SS sport and had lunch at the Lazy Ace.
You're not the dalai lama of sled appraisals bro   :biggrin: :beer2:
You never see a snowmobile parked in front of a Psychiatrist office.

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »
Good to hear from you.  I'll probably spend a little more time up north from now on.  I'm really getting used to this not going to work thingy and watching the wife and boys head off to school.  Now If I can get this deferred house maintenance caught up and Uncle Sam can get my full annuity figured ou tI'd actually plan  a weekend(OK, forget about restricting to the weekend-hard to get out of habits) "retired dudes" getaway.