Author Topic: sled projects?  (Read 657 times)

Offline snopork

• View Profile
sled projects?
« on: August 30, 2017, 12:48:30 PM »
Anybody got any?

I for one have acquired a 2012 Skidoo Renegade adrenaline 800 ETEC with 5600 miles that is gonna get a Porker  off trail makeover.   Skis were trashed, so i bought a set of used DS skis off of Ebay. 

I think they must be 3's cuzz the keel is the tallest I've ever seen.  I also have our 2006 GTX that needs a revamping - got a slightly used set of 2014 GTX dual runner skis for it.  The big question is can I adjust a bulkhead dent that I think left the Nun alone.  This project may be bigger than the Gade redo.

Pics to follow

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
Re: sled projects?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:13:06 PM »
Anybody got any?

I for one have acquired a 2012 Skidoo Renegade adrenaline 800 ETEC with 5600 miles that is gonna get a Porker  off trail makeover.   Skis were trashed, so i bought a set of used DS skis off of Ebay. 

I think they must be 3's cuzz the keel is the tallest I've ever seen.  I also have our 2006 GTX that needs a revamping - got a slightly used set of 2014 GTX dual runner skis for it.  The big question is can I adjust a bulkhead dent that I think left the Nun alone.  This project may be bigger than the Gade redo.

Pics to follow

No new sleds but different secondary clutches to try on the AXYS800 and Indy600.  Some other tuning mods to try.  Debating a Triton TC128 trailer. Not a lot different than my current Triton 12 ft clamshell except no lifting the cap.  It has a drop down rear ramp/door. Getting the snow off the cap is getting tougher for me, and if it were to freeze and turn to ice, iIwould not be able to lift it.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:18:59 PM »
Anybody got any?

Pics to follow

No new sleds but different secondary clutches to try on the AXYS800 and Indy600.  Some other tuning mods to try.  Debating a Triton TC128 trailer. Not a lot different than my current Triton 12 ft clamshell except no lifting the cap.  It has a drop down rear ramp/door. Getting the snow off the cap is getting tougher for me, and if it were to freeze and turn to ice, iIwould not be able to lift it.

I've been having similar issues last few years with the clam shell top. I've been using a rubber squeegee to push the snow off the top (side to side) and when it got really icy, I ended up putting a little electric heater inside it over night and kept pushing the slush off until I was able to open it....

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:09:09 AM »
GB, I've been using soft bristled floor brooms for that since I bought my first cap in 1991. I used to have my sons help but he moved out several years ago, and it's just getting tougher. Especially those 4-6 inch wet dumps.
Summer SUCKS!!