Author Topic: My summer project.  (Read 164 times)

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
My summer project.
« on: March 31, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
Putting a cap on this

Summer SUCKS!!

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
Re: My summer project.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »
 :thumbsupsmileyanim: They're only new once.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:31:03 AM »
Nice looking rig RD ! I like the rims too !

I've been shopping, but the price tags are freaking me out ! I think I need to walk into a dealership after 5-6 beers in me to lessen the pain.....

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:09:12 AM »
Putting a cap on this
Nice truck. I really like the Ranch cover I got on my new truck. I had an Undercover on the last truck. I liked that one too but the Ranch gives you 2 or 3 more inches taller room inside the box.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 10:59:05 AM »
I readily admit a tonneau of some style is much better looking on a PU than a cap is. But I like a cap for the height and stacking available inside. Every truck I had starting with a 79 F100 has been capped.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 08:52:41 AM »
I haul so much crap back and forth from the cabin, that I need a full cap as well. Plus, I hunt so I keep my dog kennel in the back of my truck 24/7. In the summer time, I can open the side windows in the cap and give him some air when I run 5-6 hours to the cabin too.

I admit, it throws a grampa factor into the truck looks, but it's pretty practical.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »
My first new PU was an 86 F150. I put a matching grandpa cap on it because I did haul a lot of stuff. For the last quite a few trucks I have always got the tonneau style low hard caps. I finally figured out that when I was hauling large stuff it was usually for someone else. With these caps I just say it won't fit, sorry!
The one thing nice about the Undercover caps was easy to take off. Take 2 little split rings out and I could pop it off by myself. Not so easy with the Ranch but with a couple inches more height inside I haven't had to remove it since I got it last July. I do have one of the racks you slide in the receiver that holds 500#s. I use that occasionally for things that won't fit under the cap.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 07:27:14 AM »
My first new PU was an 86 F150. I put a matching grandpa cap on it because I did haul a lot of stuff. For the last quite a few trucks I have always got the tonneau style low hard caps. I finally figured out that when I was hauling large stuff it was usually for someone else. With these caps I just say it won't fit, sorry!
The one thing nice about the Undercover caps was easy to take off. Take 2 little split rings out and I could pop it off by myself. Not so easy with the Ranch but with a couple inches more height inside I haven't had to remove it since I got it last July. I do have one of the racks you slide in the receiver that holds 500#s. I use that occasionally for things that won't fit under the cap.

I have no problem telling people "NO"  :biggrin:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »
Picked up this bed cover used for $99. Good for summer till late fall and I will buy a cap for winter.

Summer SUCKS!!