Author Topic: Anyone riding ?  (Read 2678 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Anyone riding ?
« on: January 13, 2017, 09:10:15 AM »
Killing me that I haven't been able to get back up North since New Years. I have 2 more sports weekends, then I'll be making a run up there soon after....

Snow reports and trail reports for Northern WI and Northern MI are all good. Seems like the groomers are pleased with the current conditions and they've been getting some good snow this week. The Keweenaw of the UP has around 50" of base and even Northern WI and the UP has around 20-24" on the ground. With 2 months left in the riding season, this ought to be a great base for us.  :punk:

Offline whiteout

• View Profile
Re: Anyone riding ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:21:15 AM »
I'm back into the sport, bought a hardly used 2012 Phazer MTX (361 miles).
I've had it upside down a couple time boondocking, never had so much fun on a sled (no need for speed anymore).
Snow north of Brainerd, MN is Okay 1ft on the ground.
I don't agree with idiot-proofing - idiots should suffer consequences, or else they'll just be a danger to the rest of us

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
Mercer/Ironwood was absolutely fabulous the past couple days!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 01:02:15 PM »
Michigan's Keweenaw area is experiencing record breaking snowfall (possible). I should say on track to break records....

I got out on some early rides (late December). Experienced some sub-par conditions. Downed trees, trail wash outs, bumps, water, rocks. Conditions improved right at New Years eve and I was able to get much more miles and smiles going  :biggrin: Plan is to get back up yonder in 2 weeks. Even hope to take a few days off work and extend that trip to make up for some lost time.

That MTX sounds fun BTW ! Always liked those machines....  :thumbsupsmileyanim:   

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 01:07:27 PM »
We have enough snow to ride on, north of the twin cities, but not enough to groom yet. The government in their infinite wisdom decided to try and lower Peltier Lake this winter by four feet to kill the weeds. However, this was one of the wettest falls on record and the water is coming in as fast as going out. We tried to open the trail on the north side of the lake a couple of weeks ago but both creeks weren't safe to cross yet, do to the increased flow.
Hal

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 02:17:34 PM »
We have enough snow to ride on, north of the twin cities, but not enough to groom yet. The government in their infinite wisdom decided to try and lower Peltier Lake this winter by four feet to kill the weeds. However, this was one of the wettest falls on record and the water is coming in as fast as going out. We tried to open the trail on the north side of the lake a couple of weeks ago but both creeks weren't safe to cross yet, do to the increased flow.

Did you say government and wisdom in the same sentence ?  :nono:

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
I'll be up next weekend.   Right now got a truck down and replacing these.  Good thing I left sled north after XMAS

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 05:03:04 PM »
Went out for my first ride of the season yesterday and put on 15 miles. Barely enough snow to ride on and 40 degree weather coming this week. At least I found out I really like the new plastic skis with the dual carbides. No darting at all.
Hal

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 03:35:24 PM »
I'll be up next weekend.   Right now got a truck down and replacing these.  Good thing I left sled north after XMAS

It's all ball bearings these days.....

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 05:36:53 PM »
Andy, what is it?  Which truck?
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 06:31:39 PM »

Something for a diesel? EGR related? End of week/weekend not looking good for the Northwoods.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:06:03 PM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »
RD,
that looks way too clean for an EGR valve on a diesel nowdays!!  hehehe,

:punk:
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »
RD,
that looks way too clean for an EGR valve on a diesel nowdays!!  hehehe,

:punk:
In my defense I said egr related, not valve!
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 09:40:52 AM »
It's the egr valve and housing.    112k. Miles.  And stuck/inop. Wont allow dpf tegen.   Replacing housing and valve.  Awaiting parts.   At least its all on top of engine and accessible.   Would really like to delete it all.  Maybe after i retire.
Its off my F250
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:42:24 AM by snopork »

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 11:16:53 PM »
You should see the egr tube on my ecodiesel with only 20k on it. 
Here is one with 13k on it...
Got to remedy that EGR thing and delete it.. I'm ordering a tune for mine soon, turns egr off and a few other goodies, no delete though so everything stays in place and functional.

My buddy has a F350 King Ranch Crew cab (long box), 6.0 psd.  He deleted everything, tune, etc, had the heads and stuff fixed, thing is a beast now. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:21:49 PM by Kingpin »