Author Topic: Anyone riding ?  (Read 4029 times)

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone riding ?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:15 AM »
Almost all the trails in my county are now open.  Little thinner to the west by the MN border.
As per usual our club has has moved into a regular grooming schedule and the other clubs are just getting things open.
In justification our county does have a lot of swamps to freeze down, not many big ones but it doesn't take a big hole to sink a groomer.   :eek:
I have a few hundred miles of recreational riding in. It takes at least 160 miles just to open trails so I have a couple hundred miles on there too.

And now were are in for approx 130 hours straight of above freezing temps.  :banghead:

LLAP

Online greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »
I was lurking JD's trail cams and saw that the UP got a quick warm up that melted away a good chunk of base  :thumbdown: Hoping the snow machine turns back on in the next 4-5 days  :snow:

Offline SnowBeast

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »
Another crappy snow year?  Is in not yet time to hang up snowmobiling?   :eek:

Online greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »
Another crappy snow year?  Is in not yet time to hang up snowmobiling?   :eek:

Started out good. Was able to get a couple rides in, early into the season, but a recent rain storm and some warm temps shut her down for a little while. Hoping the snow machine turns back on really soon  :'(

Online greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 08:24:04 AM »
Johnnydoo and I ran up into the Southern edge of the UP last weekend. Snowcover was poor, like 6-7" on the ground after the prior weekend's warm up and rain  :banghead:

Lots of trailers running further north into the Keeweenaw where I assume things were much better. Instead of trailering further North, we ended up working for two days at the cabin. I think we both needed some work time off and throwing some hammers around always makes a guy feel better. Plus, a nice fish fry and a case of beer are hard to pass on. Got a good amount of work completed at the camp. Installed the floor system, insulated it, got some pex tubing installed, wired 50% of the addition and got some circuits up and running. Very thankful to have some of my buddies come and help me up there the past 8-10 years !

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 10:20:23 PM »
it might be time to think about a utv or some dirt bikes.. these last 2 winters have been brutal.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Online greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 09:19:38 AM »
it might be time to think about a utv or some dirt bikes.. these last 2 winters have been brutal.

I had a deal on a RZR last year, but my buddy decided not to sell it.

Keeping my eyes peeled for a decent used RZR 570 or 800  :ninja:

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »
Someone showed me a picture of how beautiful the trails are in northern MN, but I have no desire to travel that far to ride. For me it is time to think about golf.
Hal

Online greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 01:57:02 PM »
Someone showed me a picture of how beautiful the trails are in northern MN, but I have no desire to travel that far to ride. For me it is time to think about golf.

Not me, maybe the Gulf of Mexico, LOL.....  :floor:

We have 4-5 more good weeks of winter yet. It should work it's self out soon....

Besides, if we can't bitch about the lack of snow, what else are we going to talk about ? Trump ?

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 06:03:37 PM »

Not me, maybe the Gulf of Mexico, LOL.....  :floor:

We have 4-5 more good weeks of winter yet. It should work it's self out soon....

Besides, if we can't bitch about the lack of snow, what else are we going to talk about ? Trump ?
it isn't just lack of snow. Sledders aren't registering their sleds and Minnesota is considering removing the 1% gas tax to be used for recreation. Every year, our grant is being reduced. The state DNR is not allowed to run at a loss. None of my friends snowmobile anymore, but I have many friends that still golf. I have seniors in my golf league that are still golfing in their 80's.
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 08:45:59 AM »
golf? Pfft. A sport that no one is trying to take the ball away from you makes no sense.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 12:32:47 PM »
golf? Pfft. A sport that no one is trying to take the ball away from you makes no sense.
[/]
The sport of snowmobiling is dying in MN. Lack of snow, except in the far northern regions. Only the rich can afford to spend $15000 on a new sled. What is really nice about golf is that I can golf now for about 8 months out of the year in MN. My sled just sits in the garage most of the year, and I am lucky if I get to use it more than one day per year.

Hal

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2017, 11:35:15 PM »
Maybe time to consider picking up that speed triple I wanted to get. 
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 08:18:23 AM »
Maybe time to consider picking up that speed triple I wanted to get.

Last night watching the weather they said it was going to be mid to upper 40s today. My wife surprised me and asked if we could go out on the bikes... Last time out was New Year day.
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline AdrenalineJunkie

• Trump Train is rollin coal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »
You guys are always getting porked lately.  You should bail and focus on atv. 
Here in the northern fringe of the northeast riding is excellent.   :checkeredflag:
"Sometimes we choose to make our own cross to carry, sometimes we are given it"