Author Topic: Victory done!  (Read 427 times)

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
Victory done!
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:47:31 AM »
Polaris has announced they are ceasing production of Victory motorcycles.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/victory-obituary-130033525.html
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline thnksno

• ^^^The Colonel!
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~thnksno/
Re: Victory done!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »
That's too bad, now they can focus on Indian.

I bought a 2017 DRZ-SM a few months ago, can't wait for spring to practice my knuckle dragging chicken wings!

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 08:39:05 PM »
Arlen Ness did not help matters any... His styling is too bizarre for the mainstream and most people want a bike they can make in their own style... not pay extra for someone else's ideas of what a bike should look like then pay even more to remake the bike as their own.

I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 06:37:04 PM »
Arlen Ness did not help matters any... His styling is too bizarre for the mainstream and most people want a bike they can make in their own style... not pay extra for someone else's ideas of what a bike should look like then pay even more to remake the bike as their own.
Styling is subjective, but on the bold Harley riders have done it forever. In reality most serious motorcyclist do in some form or another.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:38:37 PM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:00 AM »
Styling is subjective, but on the bold Harley riders have done it forever. In reality most serious motorcyclist do in some form or another.

What do you consider a serious motorcyclist? I bet that there are far more bikes sold annually to weekend warrior/fair day rider only motorcyclists than serious ones. Most of those prolly buy them mainly for looks.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
I wish my brother would put a second star on his Harley. He retired as a two star general.
Hal

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »

I tell people all the time that if they want a unique HD leave it stock! No one does that!

I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 11:55:07 AM »

I tell people all the time that if they want a unique HD leave it stock! No one does that!

Mine's close to stock. Just pipes and air box stage kit. Add on racks and soft bags. Very basic stuff compared to some crazy folks I know that have more money than brains.  :wacko:
Planned on doing more, just can't get time (or money) to get it going.....

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 07:32:01 PM »
I'm sure I've posted this previously...

My 1984 FXRS... all original except for seat (Road Glide) and bars (Sporty "Tracker" bars). Purely ergonomic mods... OEM seat was too low and the OEM "Rams Horn" bars were too high.
I did replace the rear shocks with a longer set to get positive swingarm angle to improve handling.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:34:00 PM by Phantom »