Author Topic: iphone7  (Read 1410 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: iphone7
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 04:05:26 PM »
My S4 was great too. Just heated up from time to time when the processor was working hard (which made me worried after hearing of all the note 7 problems).

S7 was my next choice, I guess I just wanted to try something different for comparison sake.... Apple stuff is different. Starting to really get used to it now....

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 04:33:48 PM »
My S4 was great too. Just heated up from time to time when the processor was working hard (which made me worried after hearing of all the note 7 problems).

S7 was my next choice, I guess I just wanted to try something different for comparison sake.... Apple stuff is different. Starting to really get used to it now....

Better watch out... That Apple stuff sends out subliminal messages...
 Pretty soon you will be saying snowmobiling and ATVs are bad for the environment. You will stop eating meat and become a Vegan, turn in all your guns and begin wearing skinny jeans and a man bun.

I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 07:58:03 PM »

I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »

Better watch out... That Apple stuff sends out subliminal messages...
 Pretty soon you will be saying snowmobiling and ATVs are bad for the environment. You will stop eating meat and become a Vegan, turn in all your guns and begin wearing skinny jeans and a man bun.

The skinny jeans might be a stretch - literally  :floor:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 10:28:04 AM »
As long as we are talking phones: I have a HTC mini droid.  Verizon service. How do I know what apps I can shut down to extend battery life. I am not very techie on this stuff. Fully charged at 10pm, sitting on standby, if that is the correct word?, at 6 am battery is down to 81%.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 01:42:36 PM »
As long as we are talking phones: I have a HTC mini droid.  Verizon service. How do I know what apps I can shut down to extend battery life. I am not very techie on this stuff. Fully charged at 10pm, sitting on standby, if that is the correct word?, at 6 am battery is down to 81%.

How old is the phone... I don't recall an HTC Mini Droid.

Open your battery app and see what is using the battery first. Once you know what is using the battery then we can figure out what can be shut down.
Is there a reason you leave the phone on all night?

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »
Phone will be 2 years old next July. I got the name wrong. HTC One Remix. Droid system. Mini compared to a big phone like Apples. Leave it on for family emergency's. I opened the app manager and looked at running apps. Doesn't  running apps  cause battery to run down?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:32:57 PM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2016, 02:31:44 PM »
Phone will be 2 years old next July. I got the name wrong. HTC One Remix. Droid system. Mini compared to a big phone like Apples. Leave it on for family emergency's. I opened the app manager and looked at running apps. Doesn't  that  cause battery to run down?

Well what was running? If I know I can tell you what to disable. The phone needs certain apps to run all the time but if you have apps that you do not use or use infrequently you can shut them down of only allow them to run when you need them.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
Running. MLB at bat, STL Post dispatch,Amazon app suite,Comcast WiFi, I shut all those down and just now when I went to check they are running again. Cloud for 255 hours. WTF is cloud?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:39:02 PM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2016, 03:50:44 PM »
Running. MLB at bat, STL Post dispatch,Amazon app suite,Comcast WiFi, I shut all those down and just now when I went to check they are running again. Cloud for 255 hours. WTF is cloud?

It sucks because there are tons of apps that come with the phone that you'll NEVER use, yet they continue to update and run.
In your settings menu you should have something called application manager or something to that effect. It will calculate the usage of each app and tell you what is being used the most often or running the most. If you don't need the app at all, you can force stop it and un install updates if your having storage issues. Some of the pre installed apps that came with your phone can't be deleted.

As far as the MLB app goes. You can delete that because the Cardinals aren't going anywhere  :floor: 

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2016, 04:17:28 PM »

I would see if there are options to delete or at least disable all of those. See who the developer for Cloud is it may be some sort of HTC app that needs to run.
You should not need the comcast app as the phone is capable of using any wifi connection that it finds but you will probably need to sign on to the network.

Could this be Cloud?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wdc.wd2go&hl=en
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:19:06 PM by Phantom »

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2016, 04:20:34 PM »

It sucks because there are tons of apps that come with the phone that you'll NEVER use, yet they continue to update and run.
In your settings menu you should have something called application manager or something to that effect. It will calculate the usage of each app and tell you what is being used the most often or running the most. If you don't need the app at all, you can force stop it and un install updates if your having storage issues. Some of the pre installed apps that came with your phone can't be deleted.

As far as the MLB app goes. You can delete that because the Cardinals aren't going anywhere  :floor: 
That did give me a chuckle, now you get a salute
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »

That did give me a chuckle, now you get a salute

LOL, it was too easy.... had to pull the trigger on it.....  :smartass:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 04:55:38 PM »
Every 108 years even a blind squirrel gets a nut.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 08:09:19 PM »
All that's left to do is drill out that ear bud jack like I've seen on those youtube videos....  :eek:

Explain?

Around 2 months ago some jack ass posted a video on youtube that went viral. He showed people how to drill out a hole to gain access to a ear bud jack b/c previous models had the ear bud jack, but the newest i phone 7 does not. Anyway, hundreds of i phone nut bags thought the guy was serious and they tried it - which ruined their $800 phones. There was a few stories on the local news telling people not to do it... As the saying goes, it was on the internet, so it must be true....  :no2:

Try this one..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yflTu150QZw
LLAP