Author Topic: iphone7  (Read 1871 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
iphone7
« on: December 09, 2016, 08:49:30 AM »
Well after many years of making fun of people, I finally broke down and purchased my very first Apple product.  :'(

Purchased my very first cell phone in 1994 (bad ass Motorola flip phone). That's when brick phones were still being used  :floor: For the past 22 years I've been running all sorts of phones, but never i phones b/c I always felt that they over charged people and it was a total racket (kind of like Starbucks charging $6 for a $2 cup of coffee).

Anyway, after owning 2 Samsung phones and loving them. I recently decided to try something different. I must admit, it is pretty cool, just going to take time to get used to it, as I keep looking for a back button.... All that's left to do is drill out that ear bud jack like I've seen on those youtube videos....  :eek:

Offline Hal

• View Profile
Re: iphone7
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 01:16:17 PM »
I paid $300 for my Iphone6 and plan on keeping it for a long time. My biggest gripe is the burst feature for photos. I can't take a picture without it bursting out about 10 pictures, or making a video.
Hal

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:51:22 PM »
I paid $300 for my Iphone6 and plan on keeping it for a long time. My biggest gripe is the burst feature for photos. I can't take a picture without it bursting out about 10 pictures, or making a video.

My phone is so new, I haven't even tried taking a picture yet  :floor:
I assume you can change that setting ? Seems like you can adjust everything on this damn thing !

I installed a transfer app to move all my contacts and photos between the two phones via blue tooth.
Last night I had to install all my apps and set them up. I guess I didn't realize how much I actually use my darn phone ! Between social media, sports apps, music app, emails, youtube, and my kids team apps (hockey, basketball and baseball), it's kinda nuts..... 

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »
All that's left to do is drill out that ear bud jack like I've seen on those youtube videos....  :eek:

Explain?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »
All that's left to do is drill out that ear bud jack like I've seen on those youtube videos....  :eek:

Explain?

Around 2 months ago some jack ass posted a video on youtube that went viral. He showed people how to drill out a hole to gain access to a ear bud jack b/c previous models had the ear bud jack, but the newest i phone 7 does not. Anyway, hundreds of i phone nut bags thought the guy was serious and they tried it - which ruined their $800 phones. There was a few stories on the local news telling people not to do it... As the saying goes, it was on the internet, so it must be true....  :no2:

Offline PRO-X 600

• Is lost & confused :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »

Explain?

Around 2 months ago some jack ass posted a video on youtube that went viral. He showed people how to drill out a hole to gain access to a ear bud jack b/c previous models had the ear bud jack, but the newest i phone 7 does not. Anyway, hundreds of i phone nut bags thought the guy was serious and they tried it - which ruined their $800 phones. There was a few stories on the local news telling people not to do it... As the saying goes, it was on the internet, so it must be true....  :no2:
:floor: :floor:
03 Pro-XR w/a 02 pro-x600 engine, C&A trail skis,1.5" Camo Intense, PERC, V-force 3, 11"chrome shield..SOLD
Want IQ of some sort but $$!
07 2500HD EC SB 4x4 DURAMAX/Ally, some 285's, some exhaust and other meaning less stuff...

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 08:45:52 AM »

Explain?

:nono:
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 09:29:51 AM »

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 10:03:46 AM »
My personal opinion is that for iPhone especially you need to buy into Apple's Ecosystem (iTunes, iStore, Apple Pay, Apple TV, etc) to get all the integration, my biggest gripe is that Apple keeps facetime and text messaging through their own network rather than the carriers and keeps it closed to other devices. 

I'm not enamored with the S7 right now, great phone, just don't know if I want to sign up for touch wiz (the interface on the phone), but I do like the concept of extra local storage vs cloud storage unless you get 128 GB phone, which is another 100 on top of the stupid high purchase price. 

Pixel has not been out long enough, but that is really nice phone and super slick technology under the covers.  Forget the hardware specs on phones, the AI component is where its gonna be and Google will have it covered much better than anyone else right now.  It could change, but I think the idea of having apps for everything is going to go away.  The 'App' should be the operating system on the device.  Keep an eye on the 'google assistant' that could very well be the future of how mobile devices work.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »
My personal opinion is that for iPhone especially you need to buy into Apple's Ecosystem (iTunes, iStore, Apple Pay, Apple TV, etc) to get all the integration, my biggest gripe is that Apple keeps facetime and text messaging through their own network rather than the carriers and keeps it closed to other devices. 

I'm not enamored with the S7 right now, great phone, just don't know if I want to sign up for touch wiz (the interface on the phone), but I do like the concept of extra local storage vs cloud storage unless you get 128 GB phone, which is another 100 on top of the stupid high purchase price. 

Pixel has not been out long enough, but that is really nice phone and super slick technology under the covers.  Forget the hardware specs on phones, the AI component is where its gonna be and Google will have it covered much better than anyone else right now.  It could change, but I think the idea of having apps for everything is going to go away.  The 'App' should be the operating system on the device.  Keep an eye on the 'google assistant' that could very well be the future of how mobile devices work.

I got the 128GB
Only thing I don't like about this particular i phone 7 is:

#1. The battery is sealed (you can't remove or replace the battery).
#2. There is no SD card slot or any way to expand the data storage.

Other than that, it seems like a pretty cool product.  :smoke:

Offline countryboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 11:42:39 AM »

I got the 128GB
Only thing I don't like about this particular i phone 7 is:

#1. The battery is sealed (you can't remove or replace the battery).
#2. There is no SD card slot or any way to expand the data storage.

Other than that, it seems like a pretty cool product.  :smoke:

That sums up most if not all Apple products, they don't want you to do anything yourself.
some Beach, Some where??!!

'02 Pro X 440 BMW
'07 Dragon 700 stretched

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 11:59:48 AM »
We switched from Samsung galaxy's 2 years ago.  Got tired of crappy battery life and the need to always have to be aware of having a charger or carrying a charger pach around.  I like the manual mute switch on I phones but it does take a little to get used to.  Seems to be less issues with the operating system on the Iphone then the galaxies.  Whats really cool is my daughter in Carbondale calling from her MAC computer on facetime and talking to her face to face - all on WIFI time.  The whole family is now Iphone so its works for all.  Samsung offered so much but in truth they failed.   Battery time was way overstated and reliability was questionable - I had one  of the ones that toasted itself in the charger and Samsung wasn't going to replace it until I started talking about the youtube videos and maybe I should make one myself.  Then I got a new one after I sent in my toaster unit.  Took over a month for what was stated as an "overnite process"  UScellular gave me a break on a new phone in the interim so I got a Iphone 5S  and goodwrench is still using it.  Once getting used to the changes we've all switched.  Now I see Samsung is losing its leadership to jailtime

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 01:49:37 PM »
With the IPhone6, I have to reboot the thing once in a while when battery life goes down or starts acting strangely. Best Buy told me to hold the round button at the bottom and the right side button down at the same time, until the apple icon shows up. It always acts better after doing that.
Hal

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 07:59:04 AM »

I have had Android phones from almost the beginning. The open source format has allowed them to make great strides because all developers contribute code and Google can integrate that code into the source as they see the need.
I always had Motorola and had great hopes when Google bought Moto and we were getting updates quickly. Now that Lenovo owns Moto updates have slowed.
In June I switched to a Nexus 6P (Huewai) (sp) and I am now in the Nexus Beta program so I get developer preview updates regularly.

As with the last few Moto Droids the Nexus can be sitting on a desk and all you need to do is say "OK Google" and it wakes up and waits for your command. when I am on BT I need to push the call button to use this feature but I can be driving down the road and say "Navigate to the nearest hardware store, plumbing supply, etc. and it will with voice directions.

Waiting for assistant to get a bit better to automate the house but it is coming. 
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 01:52:39 PM »
I picked up an S7 last night, best buy had the hook up deal going, so, why not, they had the best rebates ($300 best buy gift card(per phone), plus Gear VR(prolly won't use it), and wireless charging station), I'm buying a tv soon for the basement so it made sense, I can take that money towards that Big Ass TV..  :)   I will give this one to the daughter when the next google phone comes out ( I wanted water proof and adaptive storage, and a few bells whistles).  I have had an S4 for over 3 years, never had a real issue, wife had an S3 for about 5 years, no real issues.  I am absolutely hard on phones, drop them a lot, etc.  I will monitor battery life, so far, today, I picked it up at 6:30 AM, streamed pandora into my truck all the way to work(45 minute ride), checked emails, browsed a little in chrome, checked bank account balance and a few texts, battery at 85% as of right now (12:50 Central time).

The AI (google assistant) that is in Pixel is only a very first step, next steps will start to drop jaws. 
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "