Author Topic: Long time no talk...new rides  (Read 1269 times)

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Long time no talk...new rides
« on: October 02, 2016, 08:02:01 AM »
Morning everyone, been a while  :(

Picked up this new '15 8000 LXR at the end of last season.  Put on 32 miles running fence lines at the farm.  Traded in in the green hornet ('11 F8 lxr) that had 9,500 miles on it.  After the picture I've put on the 4 wheel kit and mirrors.

You're not the dalai lama of sled appraisals bro   :biggrin: :beer2:
You never see a snowmobile parked in front of a Psychiatrist office.

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Long time no talk...new rides
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 08:13:32 AM »
Also got our '69 Camaro restored and back together this Summer.  Frame off restoration, heads rebuilt, all new front suspension bushings, new clutch, 4sp muncie rebuilt, new carpet, new aluminum radiator, new vinyl top.  Had a blast rebuilding it. 

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 08:16:06 AM »
hope everyone here is doing well  :beer:

what's new and exciting?  Put on around 2k miles last year, so an average year.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 01:17:42 PM »
Also got our '69 Camaro restored and back together this Summer.  Frame off restoration, heads rebuilt, all new front suspension bushings, new clutch, 4sp muncie rebuilt, new carpet, new aluminum radiator, new vinyl top.  Had a blast rebuilding it.

Kick ass ride!  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »
Congrats on the new Cat. Nice looking Camaro. Where's the headers! I have always liked Chevys Rally wheels.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 11:21:45 AM »
David, that car is the perfect division between our generation and the kids of today. When I was growing up in the 70's & 80's those 60's muscle cars were our wet dreams! Mostly knowing that we couldn't afford the new cars, so it was all about fixing up the old ones... These goofy kids today don't even want to drive. They'd prefer their parents carting them around. Then when the do finally get enough balls to drive or buy their own cars, it's some POS WRX or coffee can Honda Civic or whatever. These are say "Man Days" current society has ruined our youth....

My first ride.... 1967 Firebird. Wish I held onto that sucker....  :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:37:41 PM by greekboy »

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 05:06:27 AM »
David, Beautiful rides! Both of them!

Ha, my first ride was a 68 Buick Special Deluxe with a 6 cylinder and 2 speed powerglide. Not much any power but it got me where I wanted to go. Was even able to spin a tire if I did high speed reverse drops!  :floor:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »

Ha, my first ride was a 68 Buick Special Deluxe with a 6 cylinder and 2 speed powerglide. Not much any power but it got me where I wanted to go. Was even able to spin a tire if I did high speed reverse drops:floor:

:floor: we used to call them "backoff's" for some reason.  :thumbsupsmileyanim:
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »
the love affair with cars is getting lower and lower with each generation.. The younger kids view it differently, it's more important for them to have new phones/apps, etc. It is also much more expensive for kids to have a decent car today than it was when we were young & dumb.  I guess until we get a $15/hr minimum wage stuff like that will be too expensive for them..   :nana:
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 06:02:57 AM »
I guess until we get a $15/hr minimum wage stuff like that will be too expensive for them..   :nana:

If we get a $15/hr minimum wage then everything will just go up and be even more expensive. It would not take long before it all returns to the ratio we have now.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline MNNavy

• Annual Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 08:07:00 AM »
I guess until we get a $15/hr minimum wage stuff like that will be too expensive for them..   :nana:

If we get a $15/hr minimum wage then everything will just go up and be even more expensive. It would not take long before it all returns to the ratio we have now.
You seem to be one of the few who "gets it". The problem with many of our elected officials is they don't understand that life isn't lived in a vacuum. When you change an input variable, that change affects every downstream action.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with their own money.  --  Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »
Hey David, were you at the show Saturday?  Saw a fella that looked like you and said "hey dave"  he just kept walking like he didn't hear me so i figgered it wasn't you.  Just to be sure I checked him for hearing aids and didn't see any so i decided it must not be you.   Fellow looked slightly confused - like an Arctic Cat collector trying to find a good one.

Offline David

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 06:58:32 AM »
Hey David, were you at the show Saturday?  Saw a fella that looked like you and said "hey dave"  he just kept walking like he didn't hear me so i figgered it wasn't you.  Just to be sure I checked him for hearing aids and didn't see any so i decided it must not be you.   Fellow looked slightly confused - like an Arctic Cat collector trying to find a good one.
I was at Pecatonica on Sunday getting rid of some old stuff.  $250 in 5 hours wasn't too bad.  Not much foot traffic though with now grass drags.

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »

Ha, my first ride was a 68 Buick Special Deluxe with a 6 cylinder and 2 speed powerglide. Not much any power but it got me where I wanted to go. Was even able to spin a tire if I did high speed reverse drops!  :floor:
I believe the dealers called them powerslip
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 07:00:26 PM »
A little not well known fact about GM's powerglide trans. The earliest ones had 2 pumps in them. One in front and one in back. You could push start a car equipped with one just like a manual trans. You had to be going around 20 mph
Summer SUCKS!!