Author Topic: CLINTON/TRUMP worse cadidates ever!  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Kingpin

• View Profile
Re: CLINTON/TRUMP worse cadidates ever!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2016, 10:50:47 AM »
Common Core... Isn't that where two plus two equals Purple?
Phantom,
That's "everyday math" google it.  Sorry, that is an export from Chicago...developed at Univ. of Chicago.  The argument I see mostly is the problem of lack of control at the local level.  So, IMO, since I have 2 kids in the system now is that a standard should be set (be it federal & state, state's might have higher standards) and then how you get to that level, leave that to the schools/educators and parents.  Fact of the matter is, our education system is failing to prepare the next generation with the skills for the next economy. 
What the math is like now is teaching a child multiple ways to solve for the same problem.  So, the homework for a given unit might solve a division problem in a different method than traditional long division, so we are teaching kids to approach from different angles the idea of solving a problem.  However, this is a big problem as it creates a lot of stress for young kids trying to learn 3 ways to get to the same answer.  I understand the intention, but the execution is really really bad and we parents have a serious hard time helping our kids.    Also, the testing is over the top.  My kids spend so much time taking tests which means they are not being taught.
 Found this, don't know if I agree with all of it, but..

So what caused opposition to the common core?
The involvement of the federal government. And to a much lesser degree, the content of the standards themselves.
Some educators and activists objected to the standards stepped-up focus on nonfiction reading, saying it would downgrade the place of good literature in the classroom. Others said the standards harped too much on cold readings of complex text without any background preparation. Some early-childhood educators argued that 1st and 2nd graders were expected to tackle skills they werent developmentally ready for. Some math educators contended that the standards were particularly weak in preparing students for college majors in math or science.
But the lions share of attacks on the common core were grounded in politics. The idea that all states would be expected to share one set of standards offended conservative activists and lawmakers, who saw the initiative as an encroachment on the American tradition of states rights. And it offended more liberal ones, too, who feared it could undermine teachers attempts to tailor instruction to students and communities needs. President Barack Obama and U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan stoked that fire when they encouraged states to adopt college- and career-ready standardswidely interpreted as code language for the common coreto win $4 billion in federal grants under their Race to the Top school-improvement program.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 04:54:34 PM »
I failed miserably at math because I was an "abstract thinker" (IMO) I arrived at the correct answer but did not use the "proper equation" or the way they wanted me to think. As a result I was awarded a failing grade and continually argued and was at odds with the teachers.
Finally I said F them and left the "system".
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline Rage'n Renegade

• Administrator
  • ~ Rage'n Renegade ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2016, 07:32:15 AM »
It's all about the standardized tests.   Teachers and schools are "graded" on how well the kids do.  They spend all their time trying to prepare for all the tests and can't customize their teaching according to the kids needs.  Everybody loses, schools, teachers, kids.

http://nytimes.com/2016/07/24/opinion/sunday/the-common-core-costs-billions-and-hurts-students.html

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:42:42 AM by Rage'n Renegade »

Offline Rage'n Renegade

• Administrator
  • ~ Rage'n Renegade ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2016, 07:41:36 AM »

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2016, 11:39:40 AM »

I think Johnson would have had a better run, if he re-introduced those "big johnson" t-shirts from the 1990's.  :floor:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:41:53 AM by greekboy »

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 08:30:34 AM »
BOOM, that just happened !
Big W for Big T

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 09:33:44 AM »
Will the country be better or worse? Change for the sake of change? It is time that "we" as a country come first. Time will tell.

I am waiting for a call. My trowel is ready to spread mortar.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:46:16 AM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 12:08:07 PM »
Will the country be better or worse? Change for the sake of change? It is time that "we" as a country come first. Time will tell.

I am waiting for a call. My trowel is ready to spread mortar.

I think I'm at the point where I'm just so sick of the same old b.s.
I pay +/-20K in FED income tax, SS tax, medicare tax, IL income tax.
I pay +/-17K in health insurance
I pay +/-10K in real estate tax
I pay +/-10% in sales tax
Every time I turn my head, I pay tolls, fines, fees, permits, license renewals, CC fees, etc.

Enough is enough already. I shouldn't have to kill myself so that other people don't have to do anything at all.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 04:56:28 PM »
There are Jobs being created already. Trump just named 3 of his kids to positions. Nice! :no2:
Now the Electoral College is considering naming Clinton as President instead of Trump. They can make the decision on Dec. 19.  :eek:
This saga will never end!!!  :banghead:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 09:00:36 PM »
There are Jobs being created already. Trump just named 3 of his kids to positions. Nice! :no2:
Now the Electoral College is considering naming Clinton as President instead of Trump. They can make the decision on Dec. 19.  :eek:

They really do want a revolt and civil war on their hands don't they?

As far as these crybabies protesting... March and protest all you want... start destroying property and beating people you deserve to get shot.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:03:14 PM by Phantom »
I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline Rage'n Renegade

• Administrator
  • ~ Rage'n Renegade ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2016, 09:21:06 PM »
Crybabies & spoiled brats!  I can't believe all the schools taking days off, excusing kids from their midterms, having grieving time, and safe places.  What a joke!  "Mommy, my feelings got hurt!  I need my diapers changed! Waa, waa, waa."  These are supposed to be schools, universities of higher education, not babysitters.  What are they teaching these kids? 

Did you see Miley Cyrus' video of her crying over the election results?  Like anyone cares about her and her poor feelings!

And now they are wearing safety (diaper) pins to indicate they are a safe person to talk to.  Ha, ha! 😅
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:32:32 PM by Rage'n Renegade »

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2016, 09:32:57 PM »
Crybabies & spoiled brats!  I can't believe all the schools taking days off, excusing kids from their midterms, having grieving time, and safe places.  What a joke!  "Mommy, my feelings got hurt!  I need my diapers changed! Waa, waa, waa."  These are supposed to be universities of higher education, not babysitters.

Did you see Miley Cyrus' video of her crying over the election results?  Like anyone cares about her and her poor feelings!

And now they are wearing safety (diaper) pins to indicate they are a safe person to talk to.  Ha, ha! 😅

What really gets me sick and pissed off is while they are crying, whining and just being weenies other young people their age are off fighting wars. If I see one of these bozos trampling a flag they will eat it along with their teeth.

Offline Rage'n Renegade

• Administrator
  • ~ Rage'n Renegade ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2016, 10:07:59 PM »
"When they go low, we go higher."  Yep, we see how that's going!

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2016, 09:27:37 AM »
And Hillary supporters claimed that Trump supporters were violent and intolerant.   I beginning to think that the protestors may be racist bigots with anti-family tendencies.  They cant stand the idea of a caucasion, apricot haired male who keeps his family close.   Didn't JFK appoint his family to cabinet positions? 

Maybe people should just chill out - each election brings a new aspect of raucous attacking.  I think it was refreshing to see Trump call everyone out on their hypocrisy.  Now people should let the man put together his cabinet and quit interferring with democracy

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 04:14:49 PM »

I heard the kid thing was untrue. I didn't see the 60 minute interview, but I was told they touched on that topic there, and the kids said they were going to run the family business.