Author Topic: Summer projects  (Read 9412 times)

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
Re: Summer projects
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2017, 07:59:15 PM »
I like the crown molding around the closet :specool:

I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2017, 10:40:35 AM »
Now you just need to get those boys to make their beds. Or is that your bunk bed Chuck???  :shrug:  :beer2:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »
Now you just need to get those boys to make their beds. Or is that your bunk bed Chuck???  :shrug:  :beer2:

My kids..... make their beds......  :floor:

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2017, 01:00:30 PM »
This will be nice for working on the machines in the winter time  :punk:
Still need to pipe the LP line to the tanks, drill a 4" hole for the flu pipe and run a thermostat, but the hard part is done... 

Offline ZiRT

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »
:specool:That's the kind of work I can do, and I can't even spell carperter, carpentiner,... woodworker!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2017, 07:23:09 AM »

That's a 3"x6" hand hewn log (left over from the log siding build). I also have 30 feet of 3"x10" logs left over, trying to figure out what to build with that. Thinking of wrapping my kitchen island with the logs to enhance the look.... That's for a later day. Right now I need to start enjoying the place for the rest of the year and take a nice long break - staring at what I've done drinking beers.  :beer2:

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2017, 04:26:29 PM »
What I don't like about repair projects is where do you stop. My project was to replace some bad siding and trim, so that I can paint the house. I keep finding more bad cedar siding. The contractor will be replacing the shingles and gutters soon, so the rest will have to wait for some other time.
Hal

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2017, 10:45:08 AM »
Well finally got around to finishing my project. Not a big project but it was drawn out long enough. To many graduations, birthdays and get togethers every weekend this summer!  :mad:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2017, 11:21:05 AM »
What I don't like about repair projects is where do you stop. My project was to replace some bad siding and trim, so that I can paint the house. I keep finding more bad cedar siding. The contractor will be replacing the shingles and gutters soon, so the rest will have to wait for some other time.

Now that my cabin project is somewhat finished. My wife has a HUGE list of projects she wants started here at home.

Siding and roof are on that list  :(

Siding is original to house (1976) and looks pretty beat up.
Roof is 20 years old, still look "ok" but I know I should be planning for it in the next couple of years.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2017, 02:52:36 PM »

Now that my cabin project is somewhat finished. My wife has a HUGE list of projects she wants started here at home.

Roof is 20 years old, still look "ok" but I know I should be planning for it in the next couple of years.

Metal roofing and never do it again in your lifetime?
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2017, 04:01:41 PM »

Metal roofing and never do it again in your lifetime?
My house is 30 years old and has the old masonite siding. This will be the third shingles replacement, all paid for by insurance claims from hail damage. The siding I can't stand is vinyl siding. It looks so cheap and hail punches holes in it. The hail bounces off the masonite, but needs a good coat of paint or it deteriorates. If I ever decided to replace all of it, it would be with Hardy Board. It is really durable. The masonite siding that went bad was above the attached garage. I am making sure that none of the new siding touches the shingles, so moisture can't be absorbed by the siding.
Hal

Offline Phantom

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • IRIS Contracting
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2017, 08:09:39 PM »
Metal roof ain't all it's cracked up to be... My 20 year metal roof at camp started looking faded and had rust spots after 15 years. Sure they will give you a new panel but no money for labor.
I ended up priming and repainting the whole roof on my own dime. Cost me a couple hundred but the finish was better then the original when done.

I understand the dilemma. Correct spelling takes time that could be spent licking the windows on the short bus.