Author Topic: KP's new toy..  (Read 13238 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
Re: KP's new toy..
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 07:42:25 AM »
and confuse the he11 out of the lie-o-meter.   it was a liar before this mod - like saying 19mpg but when you fill it up and do the math its really more like 16mpg. 

Now the big liar tells me I'm gettin 22mpg and I'm like "that would be sweet"  fill up the tank and am disappointed with 17mpg on the math equation.  Seems like the E to F gauge takes longer to travel tho.  I like the part when it tells me I have 537 miles until empty.

HP is cool tho.   and that turbine sound coming out of the exhaust - beast.   And now I got the "Cloud' too - rock on

Even my F150 was all over the place on MPG.
I think there are so many variables in driving that you're just not going to get hard numbers all the time.

Bottom line is that we bought trucks and we're not using them as trucks all the time, so we're paying for lost fuel as a result - just for the truck factor...

I think it's still more cost effective than owning a second car, up keep, insurance, etc.

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 12:28:53 AM »
mine keeps on going..so far so good.  200 mile rolling average

"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 07:18:04 AM »
You gots lots of miles on her already ! Is it even a year old yet ?

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 04:37:15 PM »
just over a year, when that pic was took it was 1 year.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2017, 07:48:15 AM »
I average around 22 - 25K per year with all the travel sports (travel basketball, travel baseball, travel hockey) and 8-12 cabin trips per year... Lucky for me, work is only 14 miles away = 28 miles round trip per day...

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »
I'm about 25k a year, mostly work. 

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »
OOPs, got rear ended on the way to work today...Guy who hit me was driving a little promaster van for seimens, it did not work out well for him.  Got a ticket, had to get the van towed as it cracked the radiator.

Offline Hal

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 06:32:29 PM »
and confuse the he11 out of the lie-o-meter.   it was a liar before this mod - like saying 19mpg but when you fill it up and do the math its really more like 16mpg. 

Now the big liar tells me I'm gettin 22mpg and I'm like "that would be sweet"  fill up the tank and am disappointed with 17mpg on the math equation.  Seems like the E to F gauge takes longer to travel tho.  I like the part when it tells me I have 537 miles until empty.

HP is cool tho.   and that turbine sound coming out of the exhaust - beast.   And now I got the "Cloud' too - rock on
Another thing to consider is having a daily driver car for most of your needs and use the truck when you need it. In a few years, the daily driver is all rusted and worn out, while your truck looks like new on those trips up north.

Even my F150 was all over the place on MPG.
I think there are so many variables in driving that you're just not going to get hard numbers all the time.

Bottom line is that we bought trucks and we're not using them as trucks all the time, so we're paying for lost fuel as a result - just for the truck factor...

I think it's still more cost effective than owning a second car, up keep, insurance, etc.
Hal

Offline snopork

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 09:10:57 AM »
OOPs, got rear ended on the way to work today...Guy who hit me was driving a little promaster van for seimens, it did not work out well for him.  Got a ticket, had to get the van towed as it cracked the radiator.
I just went thru all that - I got a new bumper and new paint on the rear quarter panels and some bends unfolded.  And a new tailgate.  Ford Turbo smoker looks so good I put some new  BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2's on.  Cant get Goodwrench to stop driving it to school now.  The lady who RAMmed my F250 had Allstate - not sure how she faired but they took care of me.

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »
Yeah.  Got the first call from his insurance (he works for seimens)  It is Travelers insurance, so we will see how they are, should be ok, not too much that I can see, but there could be more.  Looks like a bumper and hitch so far, maybe have to see if the box is still on the frame straight, or if it moved slightly. 

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 07:23:51 AM »
I just paid $150 for two door dings to get removed from my new truck  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Money well spent, as I have 68 more payments to go  :floor:

Offline snopork

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 02:34:22 PM »
I just paid $150 for two door dings to get removed from my new truck  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I like having the Powersmoke paid for.  Good thing too one of them new would take a big chunk outta my fixed income

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »

I like having the Powersmoke paid for.  Good thing too one of them new would take a big chunk outta my fixed income

Ain't nothing fixed about my income either.....  :thumbdown:

Offline snopork

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2017, 05:15:37 PM »
Yeah.  Got the first call from his insurance (he works for semen) Thats gotta be a sucky job) It is Travelers insurance, so we will see how they are, should be ok, not too much that I can see, but there could be more.  Looks like a bumper and hitch so far, maybe have to see if the box is still on the frame straight, or if it moved slightly.
fixed it

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2017, 11:31:10 AM »

You get that truck fixed yet ?
If it's not too late. Keep your old tailgate ! I'm trying to make (2) benches out of old tailgates. I already have a 1990's Ford one, it would be cool to add a RAM to my collection....  :beer2: