Author Topic: KP's new toy..  (Read 13237 times)

Offline Kingpin

KP's new toy..
« on: April 05, 2016, 10:34:27 PM »
Happy so far...  :ninja:
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
Re: KP's new toy..
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 07:41:01 AM »
Happy so far...  :ninja:

I'm pissed. I went on a Dodge Ram sponsored hunt on Sunday. They had (6) trucks to test drive and none of them was the 3.0 Diesel.  :thumbdown:
I did beat the ever lasting sh!t out of a 5.7 hemi truck. I gotta say, that motor is impressive to say the least ! The 8 speed tranny shifted smooth and often with all that motor power....

Hope the new rig treats you well ! Everyone says that its a nice set up. 28 MPG on the Hwy is crazy for a pick up. I bet if you give her a nice tune, you'll increase MPG and power. Not sure how the factory warranty will be effected  :hypocrite:

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 08:09:21 AM »
guys with the GDE tune are reporting 32 ish on highway.  Mixed duty(city/hwy) driving is 27 with the tune.

Not the most powerful motor and a little lag off the line, but as soon as your in boost it has good torque.  I'm averaging 25.9 on the drive to work with 300 miles on it and crappy B20 fill that the dealer put in it.  I should see a little bump when I switch over to straight diesel.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 01:08:05 PM »
Now you need accessories  :devilsmiley:

#1 Weather tech floor liners
#2 Nerf bars
#3 Rhino liner
#4 Bed cover
#5 Undercoating
#6 Tuner

Does the truck have a block heater? Wondering how the deep freeze UP weekends will go....

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:38:50 PM »
1 -- in progress
2 -- same as above
3 -- line-x -- already installed

Yes, all ecodiesels in North America are supposed to have a block heater installed.  Now finding it is a different story and of course they don't include the $100 cord to plug into it.  Alas, you can buy the same cord all day long for $16. 

#6 -- GDE (Green Diesel Engineering) tune, it's the best one out there so far and it has been out for a while, however, I want to see how the stock tune works for some mileage.  Banks makes a nice setup, but it's big bucks (exhaust, tune, air intake, etc). 

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 03:01:04 PM »
Need to grow your mullet out and have the exhaust come out the bed now.....  :punk:

Joe Dirt tribute truck....  :mf_gap:

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »
that's step 12 of the plan, I'm thinking dual stacks up through the bed. 

Offline Hal

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 07:47:14 PM »
guys with the GDE tune are reporting 32 ish on highway.  Mixed duty(city/hwy) driving is 27 with the tune.

Not the most powerful motor and a little lag off the line, but as soon as your in boost it has good torque.  I'm averaging 25.9 on the drive to work with 300 miles on it and crappy B20 fill that the dealer put in it.  I should see a little bump when I switch over to straight diesel.
You should try a tank of high cetane arctic diesel, if it is available in your area.
Hal

Offline PRO-X 600

• Is lost & confused :(
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 01:35:31 PM »
1 -- in progress
2 -- same as above
3 -- line-x -- already installed

Yes, all ecodiesels in North America are supposed to have a block heater installed.  Now finding it is a different story and of course they don't include the $100 cord to plug into it.  Alas, you can buy the same cord all day long for $16.

#6 -- GDE (Green Diesel Engineering) tune, it's the best one out there so far and it has been out for a while, however, I want to see how the stock tune works for some mileage.  Banks makes a nice setup, but it's big bucks (exhaust, tune, air intake, etc).

Just make sure whatever cord you get can handle the power running through it.. Same goes for the extension cord coming from the outlet... Seen a couple people with melted plugs who lucked out and didnt loose their truck to... Id suggest looking into a heavy amp timer so ya only heat for the last few hrs instead of all night... I'll be interested to see how it runs for ya!
03 Pro-XR w/a 02 pro-x600 engine, C&A trail skis,1.5" Camo Intense, PERC, V-force 3, 11"chrome shield..SOLD
Want IQ of some sort but $$!
07 2500HD EC SB 4x4 DURAMAX/Ally, some 285's, some exhaust and other meaning less stuff...

Offline snopork

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »
I'll be interested to hear what you think about it.   Particularly in towing

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 08:53:55 AM »

He's only towing a 2 place enclosed trailer. Shouldn't even feel it back there.

Offline snopork

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »

Maybe he should slap something heavier on it just to see........

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 10:36:19 AM »

Ok, a 2 place trailer and a keg of beer should be a good test....  :beer2:

Offline snopork

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 08:54:02 PM »

Ok, a 2 place trailer and a keg of beer should be a good test....  :beer2:
maybe you guys should bring that keg here and well hook my trailer to the ecosmoker with a load of sleds along with the keg and then drive around.   3 place enclosed aint exactly a beast but what else would we want to pull ......then we could stop pull a draught and change drivers

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »
The EcoSmoker has 2 water proof storage bins that amazingly can fit a six pack with ice in each.  But I guess that is not enough for your thirst!  I'm sure it can haul a 3 place enclosed, obviously it won't have the snot of the cummins 6.7, powerstroke 6.7, duramax, etc.  This truck was not configured for max tow capacity. 

26.4 avg mpg this week commuting to work and some running around town.  Not bad so far.