Opening day.....

Author Topic: Opening day.....  (Read 1106 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Opening day.....
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »
Well today is opening day for the trail systems by me and after checking all the trail cams on John Dee's site, I can honestly say..... Ain't nobody riding today.....  :thumbdown:

saw some dusting in Land O Lakes, WI & Iron River, MI. A couple inches at best.....  :snow:
Need the LES machine to start up and stay running, as I have a trip planned in 2 weeks.....

Offline Hal

• View Profile
Re: Opening day.....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 11:53:02 AM »
There won't be any sledding or any other winter time activities until sometime in January. They even had to take out the boat launches on Mille Lacs Lake, because people paid to go ice fishing and there isn't any ice on the lake at all. The forecasted high for Christmas Eve is 37F.
I wish that the area golf courses would at least open up again so I have some fun activities to do this time of the year.
Hal

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »
Well today is opening day for the trail systems by me and after checking all the trail cams on John Dee's site, I can honestly say..... Ain't nobody riding today.....  :thumbdown:

saw some dusting in Land O Lakes, WI & Iron River, MI. A couple inches at best.....  :snow:
Need the LES machine to start up and stay running, as I have a trip planned in 2 weeks.....
I should have been hitting the trail out of Arbor Vitae motel and heading to Popes 2 hours ago :banghead:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:09:49 PM by racerdave »
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »
Most lakes in MN do not have ice on them yet.  Thinking of taking out the pontoon and splashing it in the water just to say I used it on the water in December

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 08:20:01 AM »
Rockies got hit pretty good yesterday with 24", system is moving East. According to John Dee, the UP is at 8-12" in the 5-10 forecast. Things should start moving along real soon (I hope)..... :unsure: