Author Topic: Trails are open!  (Read 1485 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Trails are open!
« on: December 01, 2014, 01:35:05 PM »
Dec 1st - Be'otches !  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Re: Trails are open!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 02:29:48 PM »
I don't ever remember putting trails in down here with this much snow on the ground this early. A good sign I hope! :thumbsupsmileyanim:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »
I'm getting quotes on homeowners insurance for my cabin and two agents called me back to ask if I could get the driveway plowed out so that they make make a visual inspection of the property  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Offline Hal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 06:25:44 PM »
I took my ATV out today and opened up the trail between Reshanau and Centerville lakes. I will find out tomorrow evening at our meeting about how much there is left to do. The farmer harvested the corn crop right after we were there. The next day, the field was harvested and chisel plowed.
Hal

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:54:32 AM »
If I run up next weekend, I might bring my 16" chainsaw with me on my first trail ride. Last year I came across several downed trees. I have a local DNR office a couple blocks off the trail, so I was able to report it, but they didn't get cleared until the end of the weekend. I typically try to remove any debris I find on the trail, when I have the opportunity to do so.

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 08:55:10 AM »
If I run up next weekend, I might bring my 16" chainsaw with me on my first trail ride. Last year I came across several downed trees. I have a local DNR office a couple blocks off the trail, so I was able to report it, but they didn't get cleared until the end of the weekend. I typically try to remove any debris I find on the trail, when I have the opportunity to do so.

Sorry, by debris, I mean Arctic Cat parts  :floor:

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 08:58:48 AM »

Ya get an "Atta boy" GB.    :thumbsupsmileyanim:
So many people just ride around some of the simplest obstructions.
LLAP

Offline snopork

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 10:01:40 AM »
Glad you reminded me - I'll have to pack my tree weapon when I go up - we always have to clear our homemade trails off the lake it seems - so the shorties can use em too