Author Topic: Milwaukee Snow Show  (Read 3284 times)

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
Milwaukee Snow Show
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:35:02 AM »
I know it's 6 weeks away, but wanted to mention to everyone in the Tristate area that the MIL show will be held OCT 17,18,19 this year. Maybe we can get a posse going again, like in previous years??

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
Re: Milwaukee Snow Show
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »
depending on when everyone is going I may be able to make it this year.  I like Friday night so we can hit the fish fry at Painted Parrot, but that might depend on football schedule.  Saturday eve might be better if our football teams need a Friday evening walk thru.
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:55 AM »
I normally go Saturday morning early. Wander the pitifull swap for a hour before the doors open.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:59:06 AM »
I have similar kids sports issues, hoping I can spend more time there this year b/c I'd like to buy some gear.  Let's see how things shake out and we'll see how it goes once we get a little closer...

My kids also need new jackets, bibs and boots  :'(

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 12:37:24 PM »

My kids also need new jackets, bibs and boots  :'(

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline SnoSub

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 09:49:10 PM »
I will be at our snow show/swap/grass drags on Sunday Oct 12th and we will probably make it to Milw as usual.  Thinking maybe Saturday evening but who knows.

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »
Friday nite, Show, Painted Parrot fish fry, stay Best Western down the street, Saturday morning swap.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid!
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them proportionally!

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »
You guys really get into these things, don't you...  :blink:

I should have my son's fall ball schedule and my other son's hockey schedule within the next 2-3 weeks. That ought to finalize my plans (or sink them)....  :unsure:

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 02:10:08 PM »

I should have my son's fall ball schedule and my other son's hockey schedule within the next 2-3 weeks. That ought to finalize my plans (or sink them)....  :unsure:
I don't really care much about the show. I don't need anything. The Parrot is the deal maker!!! :beer2:

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »

I don't really care much about the show. I don't need anything. The Parrot is the deal maker!!! :beer2:
very much this.   :beer2: :Bar-Smilies: :Can-Crush:
You hate your job??  why didn't you say so?? well, there's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 02:48:36 PM »
Never been to that Parrot and don't know where it is.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline tony b

• These go to Eleven!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
about 3-4 blocks south of the fairground, friday night fish fry is pretty damn awesome. :punk:

kinda has an island/buffett/reggae kinds theme goin on.  good joint though

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »

I don't "need" anything either, but I will be bringing hundreds of dollars of crap home anyway..... Technically. I can get away with my current gear, but I've had it a long time and although I don't need new stuff, I wouldn't mind getting new stuff. I can get away with 1/2 the purchase on my kids stuff, if I hand down my older kids gear to my younger kid and buy my older kid new stuff. In 2 years, he can get my hand me down stuff, at the rate he is growing.....

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
about 3-4 blocks south of the fairground, friday night fish fry is pretty damn awesome. :punk:

kinda has an island/buffett/reggae kinds theme goin on.  good joint though
Yep!

Offline Howie

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »

I don't "need" anything either, but I will be bringing hundreds of dollars of crap home anyway..... Technically. I can get away with my current gear, but I've had it a long time and although I don't need new stuff, I wouldn't mind getting new stuff. I can get away with 1/2 the purchase on my kids stuff, if I hand down my older kids gear to my younger kid and buy my older kid new stuff. In 2 years, he can get my hand me down stuff, at the rate he is growing.....
I'm looking for good snow with moderate temperatures this winter. Last year, I had so many rides in brutal subteen below zero temperatures. I did one ride with my 13 year old son where we had to stop every 4-5 miles to warm up it was so bad out. Fogging helmets, tears freezing on your face, etc. Just no enjoyment in those conditions. Let alone trying to off trail ride and getting stuck. Any movement made, made you sweat and freeze your ass off later, while trying to get home...
Sounds like you need new gear!!! :floor: