Author Topic: Hey RD  (Read 4477 times)

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
Hey RD
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »
Your buddy mike knapp is pretty popular on dootalk talking about how much of a clam the apex are.  lol.   Yamie loyal are puking.   :laugh-til-cry:    Took him awhile, but he too figured it out.    :mf_Flush:
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
Re: Hey RD
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:56:56 AM »
I don't Doo, Ty  anymore or Doo Talk. Knapp also was very sour on the AC Turbo as a trail sled, and didn't have much good to say about it's stock power level. I'm guessing he's all pro Doo 1200 now?

We will never agree AJ, but I still stand by my past statement's on the Apex I had. Fast, honest 117mph topend,very Edge like in handling as in inside ski lift. Knapp gave me good advice on the Apex. Time to move on AJ.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »
I just find it amusing that as time passes by, more and more agree with how I saw things back in 06, week one.  lol. 
It is a comforting support to know I was right all along.  :P 
Famous quotes;

Roady; "I just wonder why the big 4 can't produce somnething that remotely ready out of the box"

Myself;  "Even when working properly, the E/S on these cats sounds like a vintage scooby doo lunch box full of hotwheels getting tossed down a flight of concrete stairs."

Offline RevManII

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
Think I was saying the same thing in '05 'bout my RX-1  :P

Offline freak

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 09:31:08 AM »
I just find it amusing that as time passes by, more and more agree with how I saw things back in 06, week one.  lol. 
I find it amusing that when the REVs were taking the industry by storm, you were still proclaiming that couch Edge was the best thing since sliced bread.  And when the rest of the world saw what a pile the Fusion 900 was, you were still singing its praises.  You're not the dalai lama of sled appraisals bro   :biggrin: :beer2:
I'm out of my mind................please leave a message.
Greg's unit found the handlebars on the abrupt stop.

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »
I find it amusing that when the REVs were taking the industry by storm, you were still proclaiming that couch Edge was the best thing since sliced bread.  And when the rest of the world saw what a pile the Fusion 900 was, you were still singing its praises.  You're not the dalai lama of sled appraisals bro   :biggrin: :beer2:
I am dalia lama, apparently.  If rev was so great why did doo change it?  leg room sucked, thats why.  My chief complaint was it not? Yes, myself and others as that was the general concesus.
Edge was and still is an awesome sled.  Surely better than the Grand Turd. End of that story.  Like you, I thought the fusion got a bad rap and not as bad as how the world now see's your beloved gaypex.  The fusion vibed, shaked rattled and roared.  Rear susp sucked, but not as bad as the Turd.  Did not dart, or have heavy steering. Or that riduculous EB.  Difference is, the poo folk know it was not thier best effort...Yamie folk still try to convince the apex is worth sh*t.    And that is the truth.  lol.
Famous quotes;

Offline racerdave

• Annual Subscriber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »
I am dalia lama, apparently.  If rev was so great why did doo change it?  leg room sucked, thats why.  My chief complaint was it not? Yes, myself and others as that was the general concesus.
Edge was and still is an awesome sled.  Surely better than the Grand Turd. End of that story.  Like you, I thought the fusion got a bad rap and not as bad as how the world now see's your beloved gaypex.  The fusion vibed, shaked rattled and roared.  Rear susp sucked, but not as bad as the Turd.  Did not dart, or have heavy steering. Or that riduculous EB.  Difference is, the poo folk know it was not thier best effort...Yamie folk still try to convince the apex is worth sh*t.    And that is the truth.  lol.

Nothing at all awesome about a Edge, other than used parts are plentifull. In equal used condition, or new leftover in the crate  I'd take a  crc Wedge or crc Gen 2 over a Edge any day.
Summer SUCKS!!

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »

Nothing at all awesome about a Edge, other than used parts are plentifull. In equal used condition, or new leftover in the crate  I'd take a  crc Wedge or crc Gen 2 over a Edge any day.
What? :wacko:   You claim the apex is edge like handling, and you stand behind the apex, but the edge itself you Bag on?   I thought I knew you better. 
Famous quotes;

Offline Paul_Aris

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gobigparts.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 08:21:52 AM »

The 600 fusion was probably one of the most under rated sleds of its day. Everyone thought it was junk because the 900 was. I jumped off my rev onto my buds 600HO fusion and I thought it rode and handled great. The 600 was faster than the doo 600's we were riding with as well. Now it wasn't the prettiest sled made and I like the new IQ body work better. I think the rev could have even been better with the Edge 10 rear under it. The good thing about  the under rated fusion is if you want to buy a really good used sled you can get the 600 dirt cheap like RD did.

Offline Paul_Aris

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 08:24:41 AM »

Handling wise no but ride quality was so much better on the edge. Apparently AJ and I could make them handle. I would rather have the IQ though. As the newer sleds came out they got taller suspensions which affected handling to the point that you had to change you riding style a bit.

Offline freak

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 09:15:52 AM »

Handling wise no but ride quality was so much better on the edge. Apparently AJ and I could make them handle. I would rather have the IQ though. As the newer sleds came out they got taller suspensions which affected handling to the point that you had to change you riding style a bit.
well apparently many of us made our Apexes handle too, but AJ never kept his long enough to figure that out.  Huh.  Edge is yesterday.  Most of us have moved on. 
I'm out of my mind................please leave a message.
Greg's unit found the handlebars on the abrupt stop.

Offline Paul_Aris

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 09:24:54 AM »

well apparently many of us made our Apexes handle too, but AJ never kept his long enough to figure that out.  Huh.  Edge is yesterday.  Most of us have moved on.

I agree. AJ certainly knows what he likes and likes what he likes.

Offline AdrenalineJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 10:41:39 AM »

uh, I kept it too long, and tried too hard.  And although I got it much, much better than as it was delivered to me,  In the end, it was a front heavy turd, as most now agree.  Back then 4S folks just acceptd that fact and covered it up.  Now, other mfg'rs make a 4S that is much better.......and without PS.. :floor:
Famous quotes;

Offline GroomerDriver

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »

X2.  IMO Edge chassis wasn't too far behind the bloated and forgettable Agressive chassis.
I now OFFICIALLY live in northern Wisconsin!

Offline Powderhound

• Donating Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 10:13:37 AM »
The land-shark (Aggressive) with CRC was fairly flat-cornering.  It was just heavy.

Edge was cushy as hell but was never a good trail sled for people who were used to cornering like they're on an AWS5 cat or XC-10 IFS Wedge or GenII.

ProX front end went back to XC-10 geometry with a longer stroke and while it'd still lift a ski from time to time, it was predictable and you wouldn't have to sacrifice your line.  This is how the ZRs handled too.

I wouldn't trade my IQ front end for ANY of the above.  It's the best of all worlds.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.