Author Topic: Porker 2011  (Read 17345 times)

Offline snopork

Re: Porker 2011
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 04:02:33 PM »
"Storm early next week expected to pass well south of Minnesota, probably storm-free through the end of next week."

Reported by:   Kat @ Dear Lodge
Date of Report:   January 6, 2011
Trail Conditions:   Poor
Snow Cover:   "less than there was" inches

Area Report:   9:30am Thursday- it's still trying but all we got was a dusting overnight

12:15 am Thursday- All total today we got about and inch and a half, maybe two.
I'll let you know more in the morning, if we get snow we'll be in good shape with the beautiful ice base we have.

11:00am Wednesday-
Get out and do the snow dance!!!
It's trying, there's a lake effect snow watch into Saturday.
We need all of you people down south to dance your hearts out and hope that we get it pulled just a mere 20 miles south so we see a large part of the over a foot Hurley is supposed to get!!!!
I'll write more late tonight and let you know what happened today.
I know a lot of you are hanging on the fence for coming up this weekend so I'll try to keep you updated tonight and tomorrow.
Andy Smith- keep your fingers crossed and dance hard!

For my live video webcam go to-
http://www.flambeaulodging.com/webcam.htm

THINK WHITE!!!
KAT
katdearlodge@hotmail.com 715-476-2549
Located on Trail 12B west of Mercer or by vehicle, it's County Hwy FF

News and Events:   Winter Blast Poker Run starts on Monday 1/10 and runs until Saturday 1/15
Sat. 1/15-Winter Blast at the Groomer Barn downtown Loontown 10:00am - midnight
Food, Soda, Beer, Raffles, Live Music

Sat. 1/22 Cookout at Dear Lodge
Burgers, Brats and all the fixin's, Raffles, Bonfire

Condition sound a bit challanging. Maybe some snow will arrive in the next week. Best chance seems to be tomorrow.

Lake races and time trials from the pork shack to the FLI? Trail truck to Hurley? Change to an ATV event? :P

Maybe they should move the Porker to Brule. We don't need a snow dance.  Although a little fresh snow is always nice.
I was a little shocked when I started reading through SnowTracks trail conditions last night.  :unsure:
I was out grooming today. (again) I'm looking around at all our snow wondering what the hell is going on after reading all those trail conditions with "Fair, Poor, and Closed "  :unsure:
It's looking like we have the best conditions in the state.   :specool:
no worry's  Dear Lodge is south of town on the flowage - there's quite a bit more on the north side where the pork shack is at - and its a skip and a jump to the UP.  Besides - there gonna have plenty of snow shortly. all around the area.

I'll be up with a few people on monday - we might make a calumet run or something on tuesday and return on wednesday to the shack.  Or maybe we'll get out and check the BoonDock zones.

Not sure who is all coming - who's hittin the Goode Shack?

rOG AND bRAD WE'LL PRBABLY BE UP ON wEDNESDAY nIGHT AND ME AND tOMMY AND LITTLE TOMMY AND OUTLAW AND MAYBE THE bURP AND KID WILLbe up on Monday (this fuggin compuer and the caps locks - i aint retypin)  I aint heard from FOM anybody else?

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
Kingpin, Greekboy, 6Mile, Fireball Dave, Johny V Max are all getting coordinated.  Sounds like we will be up Thurs night.  We are trying to get the Goode house. 
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline snopork

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
Kingpin, Greekboy, 6Mile, Fireball Dave, Johny V Max are all getting coordinated.  Sounds like we will be up Thurs night.  We are trying to get the Goode house.
If theres a problem getting it - call Dave at the FLI - he's got a place on Spider that he told me he would rent to you guys and friends he knows.  They have a website - fisherlakeinn.com for PH info.

Offline Kingpin

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
ok, thanks.  Uncle dave is good people.
"Dessert is for people who don't drink enough."
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. "

Offline Up Late

• Donating Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:39 PM »
* Turning colder over the weekend, potential for subzero highs over much of Minnesota by Sunday.

* An even colder front brewing for the end of next week: 3-4 days of subzero highs in the metro, nighttime lows may dip to -25 F. between January 21-25. Up north temperatures may fall into the -40 range during that same period.

Mite wanna pack some extra Long Johns and order up some tall windshields. :c-n:
Current Sleds in Stock: None. SOLD OUT!

Offline snopork

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 07:52:26 AM »
* Turning colder over the weekend, potential for subzero highs over much of Minnesota by Sunday.

* An even colder front brewing for the end of next week: 3-4 days of subzero highs in the metro, nighttime lows may dip to -25 F. between January 21-25. Up north temperatures may fall into the -40 range during that same period.

Reminds me of the first Porker where it hit -38.  awesome - I love riding in a challenging environment

I can never forget FOM taking of his HJC frostbite helmet and having an inch of frost on his eyebrows and mustache

or Groomerdriving takin the wrong turn out of Presque Isle and stoppin at the "Welcome to the Upper Penninsula" sign along the highway. 
Hey,  GD, you get a GPS yet?

Offline GroomerDriver

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 09:19:54 AM »

Reminds me of the first Porker where it hit -38.  awesome - I love riding in a challenging environment

or Groomerdriving takin the wrong turn out of Presque Isle and stoppin at the "Welcome to the Upper Penninsula" sign along the highway. 
Hey,  GD, you get a GPS yet?

That was one of those moments in life that I will NEVER forget!!!   :biggrin:

I admit to be thinking seriously about a Garmin nuvi 500 or 550 with sledgps.com maps on it.  SNO4ME got one recently and the plan was to mount it on his sled last weekend while I was up there, but a mount for it was not available at Gander Mtn.  I was really looking forward to seeing how it worked.   
I now OFFICIALLY live in northern Wisconsin!

Offline snopork

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »
I'll probably have an extra 2 beds  open if anyone else is thinkin about comin up.    a couple of friends  from Tomahawk may come up and ride but they may come up during the early week.   6Mile and I talked about squeezing all the Goode stayers into the shack but I think that would be too many.  However,  I will probably have room for I'm thinkin 2.  If someone is on the fence - PM me if your thinking seriously about it.  Be kind of cool if SHT caught this thread

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »
If theres a problem getting it - call Dave at the FLI - he's got a place on Spider that he told me he would rent to you guys and friends he knows.  They have a website - fisherlakeinn.com for PH info.

Might be looking at FLI cabin or renting from the Beaver. The Goode cabin is starting to piss me off - with added paper work and a cash deposit required all the sudden. Starting to become more of a pain - than it's worth....

Offline snopork

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

Might be looking at FLI cabin or renting from the Beaver. The Goode cabin is starting to piss me off - with added paper work and a cash deposit required all the sudden. Starting to become more of a pain - than it's worth....
I don't know Brian very well - so i guess my name aint worth much to drop.   Did anyone call Dave and ask ?- ya need to drop my name when you call him so he knows who  you are.  He specifically told me that our group would be welcome to rent it.  You guys want me to give him a call? 

Offline 6Mile

• Waconia, MN
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 09:25:25 AM »
Pork,  PM the number to Greekboy We may just go that way and Stay at the FLI cabin.  Any Idea on the rates?  I am in Trainin all week and have passed the lodgeing duties on to the Greek.
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you...

Sleds:
2013 Polaris Switchback Assault 144 800
2007 Polaris Switchback 600 Wife's sled
1997 Arctic Cat Puma DLX 340 has more time on it last  season than the above sleds.

MNUSA

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »
Pork,  PM the number to Greekboy We may just go that way and Stay at the FLI cabin.  Any Idea on the rates?  I am in Trainin all week and have passed the lodgeing duties on to the Greek.

Porkster is going to see the cabin in person this weekend, and verify it isn't a crap hole. He's going to give me a report on it, than I will call Dave at FLI to see how much he wants for it.   :beer2:

Offline greekboy

• Donating Members
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 08:55:25 AM »
Going to make a decision today - FLI cabin or Beaver Lodge.

Waiting for the Beaver to get back  to me, to see what rooms are left. Turns out they have a large ice fishing derby on the same weekend. It should be fun to buzz the lake while they are all out there......  :mf_w00t2:

Offline GroomerDriver

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »

Waiting for the Beaver to get back  to me, to see what rooms are left. Turns out they have a large ice fishing derby on the same weekend. It should be fun to buzz the lake while they are all out there......  :mf_w00t2:

Watch out.....the WI DNR likes to hang around lakes where there's ice fishing derby's going on.  They check licenses, fish totals and sled registrations.  Derby's are money in the bank for them.   :no2: 
I now OFFICIALLY live in northern Wisconsin!

Offline SNO4ME

• Now that's Vintage
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »

Watch out.....the WI DNR likes to hang around lakes where there's ice fishing derby's going on.  They check licenses, fish totals and sled registrations.  Derby's are money in the bank for them.   :no2:

And remember!
The speed limit is 10 mph when you are within 100 feet of a ice fishing shanty or someone not on a snowmobile (or any other pedestrian).    :fishing2:
LLAP